Attendance record? (1 Viewer)

acebycc

HSC
Hi all,

Does anyone know whether if there is a minimum attendance record for yr11? I have been away for more than half of this and some of last term because I've been sick and had an operation on my knee. I have received a call from the school today and they said I might have to repeat yr11 because of that, my marks are pretty good though, I'm in the top 20 for everything especially legal studies (i'm topping the course).

Can they make me repeat because of that?

Thanks for your time

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
They also looked at the number of hours you have done in each course. Their is a minumum like 100 or 120 hours or something to pass a course i think its best that you talk to your school deputy or principal.

acebycc

HSC
thanks for replying, I guess I'm totally stuffed!

Do you's think I can get outta this because I always have evidence to prove that I really had been sick and injured? I remember reading something about minimum records and it said something about "except due to injury, illness or misadventure". I hope I can get out of this!!

Lets say IF I have to repeat, will I get scaled down in the HSC bcoz I did the prelim course twice?

HSC
from wat ive been told u hav to be at school for 80% of course time; dont kno if thats anyhelp

vorahk

HSC
if you were having a operation, you re meant to tell the school, school advisor and all so they know that you ll be away for that period of time.

you should get a doctor cert. and get your doctor explaining your situation, your school probably jsut say should ahve told us from the beginning, or somewhere along those lines.

ashley946

HSC
apparently the real story is just over 50%, but that's at Bradfield College, Crows Nest. I think things are a bit more loose round there anyway???

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
I just remembered in my school's assessment booklet it says a student must successfully complete at least 51% of the course requirements (for a 2 Unit course) and must attend a minimum of 85% of lessons.

flyingdown

Ave Satanas!
HSC
I think schools tell everyone that it's 85% to scare people into attending... The counsellor told me that it's 50% by law, and you have to achieve some outcomes, while schools say you need all of them.

The school can in theory kick you out if you're doing really badly, but they can't actually prevent you from doing the HSC/Prelims.

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
Although, if you're doing that good at your subjects, it's obvious that you don't need to be held behind for any reason.

I'm pretty sure that there's some exception somewhere that says because of injury/sickness etc. etc. the amount of school you have to attend can be cut down if you can prove you can cope with the work.

Either way, talk to your school and see if you can come to an arrangement.

Hope you won't be stuck repeating year 11. But if you are, you can top ALL your classes, instead of just legal studies, no?

501n2u

HSC
OMG I wasn't even aware that we had to be at school for at least 85% of the course o_o... at least I haven't received a call about repeating. Glad I looked at this thread ><

744rach29

HSC
I was under the impression that so long as you completed the assessment tasks, and ALL of the class work and could present it up to date then you could not fail yr11 based on your attendence. A girl at my school has the same problem, she comes to school like one day a week but she seems to always have her classwork up to date so there's nothing the school could do about it. Not sure if it helps, maybe speak to the prinicpal?

501n2u

HSC
ohhh alright. so just as long as i do the work etc and it's up to date im fine right? although yr11 just ended but yeah.. ^^"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)