Attendance (1 Viewer)

vishnay

God
HSC
How much does attendance matter during your HSC year? Does it affect your chances to receive scholarships? In Year 11 my attendance was >99% so I have a good track record with attendance but if I were to stay home to study or just didn't come to school, would my chances of receiving scholarships or getting into competitive courses be lower?

c8

HSC
In terms of getting into courses it most likely wouldn't be affected (unless of course it was so bad that you were procluded from graduating certain courses but you'd have to be away heaps for that to happen) but for scholarships where your school gives a recommendation they may look at attendance, grades etc. Tbh I don't think it's worth it staying home to study but to each their own.

HSC
N/A
Marks are usually what matters the most. I'm not sure why you would choose to stay at home in year 12 though? Especially given the fact that you're doing 4U.

vishnay

God
HSC
Marks are usually what matters the most. I'm not sure why you would choose to stay at home in year 12 though? Especially given the fact that you're doing 4U.
I get tutored for 4U, Phys and English so I find myself wasting a lot of time at school, especially when teachers ask us to do pointless activities and repetitive questions. I would much rather study at home but it's just attendance I'm worried about. I had a tutor who got a 99.85 Atar and all he used to do was ditch school to study for exams. I don't want to follow in his footsteps but I really just wanna study at home.

HSC
N/A
I get tutored for 4U, Phys and English so I find myself wasting a lot of time at school, especially when teachers ask us to do pointless activities and repetitive questions. I would much rather study at home but it's just attendance I'm worried about. I had a tutor who got a 99.85 Atar and all he used to do was ditch school to study for exams. I don't want to follow in his footsteps but I really just wanna study at home.
If that's the case then fair enough I guess. Good luck

quickoats

HSC
Social connections are a really important part of school so I really recommend actually attending.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)