Attention All Astrophysicists!!!! (1 Viewer)

superhubert

half way between the gutter and the stars
is there anyone out there who fully understands the boarderlines of solar massess that lead to different star deaths? ie I have conflicting sources for all!! the boarder line where a star becomes a planetary nebula and white dwarf could be anywhere between 1.4 and 5 solar massess. any ideas? same for neutron stars and wolf-raeyet stars. anyone know the boarder lines?

hm. i havn't started learning astrophysics yet

just memorise the stuff from jacaranda

ye i have the same conflict the fukwit of the techer he is uses 4 textbooks to teach each have different points and ways what is in the excel book is differnt from my other textbook

superhubert

you bet... the star begins its life in GMC's or gas clouds and nebula's, usually in the spiral arms of galaxies. the supanova of another star can trigger shock waves that induce the colapse of these cloudes. protostars are born. As the gas condenses, the centre of mass increases and accreation begins. As this occures the gas becomes denser and thus pressure and temp rises. Once it reaches a sufficient level h burning can begin and the star joins the main sequence. The mass of the protostar determines how long it stays there, elements sythesised and death type etc.:D

superhubert

sorta..but it's not a perfect reincarnation, because in a supernova heavy elements are sythesised and these form in a protostar and increase it's density and thus make the star more massive and thus it's more likely to be a massive star in its reincarnation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)