attmepted spanish bombing (1 Viewer)

hatty

Banned
You probably all know about the bomb found under some railway line in Spain.

Well just recently, Spanish cops were able to trace the terrorists back to their apartment flats where the 3 terrorists blew themselves up.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040404/ap_on_re_eu/spain_bombings_8

Didn't the first bombings of their trains cause the Spanish to pull out of the war?
With the election of a new leader that promised to bring home Spanish troops.

Appeasement is not working. As it is clearly demonstrated in Spain.

Will pulling Australian troops out of this war on terror make us less of a target?

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
No, but it'll bring our army home to be of use over here. And if we don't pull out our army, the yanks'll pull there's out and w'll be left with the care of Iraq when we didn't get any oil anyway.
They probably don't differenitate ebtween their targets. An innocent victim is an innocent victim. Terrorists only want to scare people, so yeah, we are still a terrorist target, no matter what we do.

Alexander

Gold Member
The word 'appeasment' is preety vague. I mean, this isn't a clearly defined enemy, despite what Downer says.
And there's not a very serious movement to pull out of Iraq. When latham suggested it, it was his first booboo...apart from the taxi driver and stuff...

hatty

Banned
Originally posted by Alexander
The word 'appeasment' is preety vague. I mean, this isn't a clearly defined enemy, despite what Downer says.
And there's not a very serious movement to pull out of Iraq. When latham suggested it, it was his first booboo...apart from the taxi driver and stuff...
the enemy we may not have much info on, but they are the ones responsible for the bombings of the train lines, and by bombing the train lines they are demanding that the spanish pull out of iraq, which they did. hence the spanish are appeasing the terrorists

but my point is, despite giving in 2 the terrorists which they clearly have done, the terrorists (whoever they are) are still trying to bomb out spain, hence my point that the war on terror must continue untill all terrorists are dead

Affinity

HSC
Pulling out of Iraq is not giving in to the terrorists, it's the correct action to take regardless of any bombings. If it happens to be the same action that would have been taken to appease the terrorists, it's mere coincidence.

The war against terrorism(vague as it is) has little to do with keeping australian troops in Iraq.. Oh.. just by the way, why did we go there in the first place, does anyone remember? :confused:

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
erm, spanish troops are still fighting in iraq as we speak (or as we type, just for hatty), and several were wounded just yesterday

hatty

Banned
Originally posted by um..
erm, spanish troops are still fighting in iraq as we speak (or as we type, just for hatty), and several were wounded just yesterday
thats cuz the old leader is still running the show.

hatty

Banned
Originally posted by Affinity
Pulling out of Iraq is not giving in to the terrorists, it's the correct action to take regardless of any bombings. If it happens to be the same action that would have been taken to appease the terrorists, it's mere coincidence.

The war against terrorism(vague as it is) has little to do with keeping australian troops in Iraq.. Oh.. just by the way, why did we go there in the first place, does anyone remember? :confused:
\

we went there because we knew saddam had weapons of mass destruction, we just havent found them yet ( america still has the receipts ffs).

"The war against terrorism(vague as it is) has little to do with keeping australian troops in Iraq"

so what do u think this war on terrorism is about?

Alexander

Gold Member
Originally posted by hatty
the enemy we may not have much info on, but they are the ones responsible for the bombings of the train lines, and by bombing the train lines they are demanding that the spanish pull out of iraq, which they did. hence the spanish are appeasing the terrorists

but my point is, despite giving in 2 the terrorists which they clearly have done, the terrorists (whoever they are) are still trying to bomb out spain, hence my point that the war on terror must continue untill all terrorists are dead
It isn't established who commited the train bombings, therefore there is no way of knowing these people's demands.
It's pretty insensitve to say that our Spaniard friends clearly gave in to the terrorists when they held record solidarity marches throughout the country to clearly express the opposite view.

euripidies

"It's pretty insensitve to say that our Spaniard friends clearly gave in to the terrorists when they held record solidarity marches throughout the country to clearly express the opposite view."

I think the Spanish people realise that you cant fight terror with terror, all it does is cause more terrorism. But then MR. Moore has put forth a theory for that in his bowling for columbine.

hatty

Banned
Originally posted by Alexander
It isn't established who commited the train bombings, therefore there is no way of knowing these people's demands.
It's pretty insensitve to say that our Spaniard friends clearly gave in to the terrorists when they held record solidarity marches throughout the country to clearly express the opposite view.
they have established who commited the bombings alexander, after finding all the evidence pointing to al qaeda. i dont think al qaeda actually ever admitted it, but all the evidence does point 2 them.

if the spaniards werent against pulling out, they wouldn't have voted for the other guy who was anti-war from the start.

the whole reason these terrorists attacked right b4 polling time was 2 sway public opinion, and it worked pretty well.
which is the reason why them americans are shtting themselves in the lead up 2 november.

i am unaware of any of these marches u speak of, (i stopped following the news), u got n e websites alexander ?

Alexander

Gold Member
The whole reason that the attack occured before polling time indicates that it is more likely internal. I mean, there still hasn't been any evidence of al qaeda being linked with iraq at all. There are doubts about the evidence of al qaeda, some critics accuse the gov. as swinging that way for political purposes.
Im surprised that someone of your standing hasn't heard of the famous marches after the bombings, hatty...but i cant be bothered digging up a site, just type in a few key words, im sure you can find it...it was pretty big.

Last edited:

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I don't know Alexander, Al Qaeda, if they had any sense, would claim responisiblity. It would make them appear more dangerous than they are. The whole point of terrorism is too terrorise.

Terrosing involves spreading irrational fear

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)