ATTN: Photography for art. (Please help) (1 Viewer)

krystally.

HSC
I'm 110% keen on photography for art, so I've started working and such,
but my art teacher keeps telling me there's zero developement on my body of work. I'm also printing to canvas, which seems to have created another problem. :rolleyes:
SO I was curious,
What is everyone else doing for photography, what are you printing to. But mostly, what do you do to plan your images, considering I'm doing music photography.. you can't exactly plan every way the person is going to move..

Thankssss :)

missbe

HSC
Well, my teacher hated me, and hated me doing photography.
Then I sat down, did about 100 photos (easy for me, I was doing nature photography) and picked out the best so that I could shock and wow her.
It kinda worked.
Apparently the teachers's greatest concern with photography students is the fact that most of us do so little in class, we do far more out of it. And apparently a lot of kids don't really do a lot of work out of school.
I think as long as you're commited, it should work out well.

I'm just printing mine on regular photo paper, I'm trying to make a bit of a statement about how beauty can come from anywhere, most of my photos I took on a cheap digital point and shoot. However, I'm going to need to find a place that'll be willing to print the obscure sizes I've got.

A friend in my class is doing constructs, where she has models and guides them, but you, like me, are going to have to rely on the spur of the moment thing.
All I can say is take lots and lots and lots of photos.
I have about 5 gigs of raw photos, it's crazy.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
im doing these massive collages for the MW, and i keep getting marked poorly for progress, because i can't physically bring them in to school until they're finished! i've brought in 2 of my 5, and am halfway through two others, so i took photos and stuck them in my VAPD, but according to my art teacher thats 'not good enough' and i got like 60 for my progress mark.

asshole. my journals full to the brim, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)