ATTN: Thread (1 Viewer)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Well i'm not too sure if anybody will have a verifiable answer to my question/s but any insight would be appreciated.

1) Assume person A has scored the entry mark possible to study either commerce (or business in some unis) and economics. Even if they're major is in economics, why wouldn't they study this under commerce/business; doesn't it normally have a higher cut off than economics?

2) In contrast to above, after doing some research i've found that a commerce degree didn't seem to exist in Australian universities 20 years back (only economics). In that case, does it make an economics degree more prestigious? I aim to study either arts/LLB or commerce/LLB eventually, but if i was to major in economics, for some reason is economics/law 'better'?

I ask this only because i spoke to an associate of Jonathan Bonnitcha a while back (great guy, he won a rhodes scholarship doing economics/law at usyd) and it seems if you do want to focus on law in the future, an economics degree is looked upon as a greater asset than commerce.

In my own view economics does have a ring to it: you can be an economist or lawyer! If you did arts you don't become an 'artist' and likewise for commerce.

So in summary what do the good people of bos think about econ/llb vs. comm/llb vs. BA/llb?

Thanks again for those who can put my mind to rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)