Auckland Warriors (1 Viewer)

Danoz The Great

HSC
I don't mean to offend diehard Warrior fans, but does anybody else think it's pretty stupid to include a New Zealand team in an AUSTRALIAN league competition?!?!

Discuss, without fights please. I can't stand e-fights, I think they're stupid. Just meet up off the net and have a brawl already lol

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ah i dont mind- who cares if nz have one team, improves competition

plus when ur drunk u can go on about them being sheep fuckers

Danoz The Great

HSC
lol, true about the sheep fuckers :D

but I dunno about improving competition - they're a good team, so if we didn't have them, they could stop merging teams (magpies, tigers, seaeagles WERE).

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
mmm i guess- i just never thought about it much

if other league teams played its good imo

like some of the english ones playing our teams in an international comp on a regular basis

aka rip off of champions league

HSC
It is essential that they are included in the NRL, because if they didnt have their own team, then they wouldn't be competitive in International games, which is where league is heading atm and trying to strengthen Internation Rugby League.

They arent the Auckland Warriors now they were a defective product and are now known as the New Zealand Warriors. They provide trans tasman rivalry and that is a good thing for the game atm. The kiwis love their football, and the NRL thrives in that country.

I know what you are saying that it doesnt make sense to have a foreign country in the Australian Competition, but it is happening in all sports now and different codes. Rugby Union is a prime example the Super 12 Competition consists of teams from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, and you look at Union on an international basis and it thrives.

The New Zealand warriors are a successful side in that they obtain crowd support, and are able to bring money into the organisation, the same can't be said about the STORM, yet they continue to be in the top 8 every season yet they can only average 5,000 fans per home game.

If league can thrive in an area, then place a team there, League is popular in New Zealand and it is good for the game on a national and international level.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Yes they are 'foreign', but we pretty much share the same history and culture. NZ doesnt have the population to have a competition equivelent to the standards of the NRL, especially in a country where Union is the #1 National Sport. They have the Bartercard Cup but that at best is Reserve Grade standard. I think it's great they are in it, they've unearthed alot of good players(Stacey Jones, Lauititi, Vagana etc) and gives players like Ivan Cleary, Kevin Campion, Steven Price, Ruben Wiki the chance to take on new challenges and improve the level of league in New Zealand. Plus, they attract huge crowds back in NZ.

It also bridges the gap in the international game. NZ would struggle(more than they do now) to compete in the tri nations/world cups since ALOT of their players run off to England where the money in professional league is alot better than what they get in bartercard cup.

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
The good old days at North Sydney Oval, sitting in those trees.............

The great local derbies against the Eagles.......

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah but have u lived in roseville ur whole life?

ive only lived in gordon for 2..maybe 3 yrs now, b4 that i lived in easts territory

dave_119

Banned
HSC
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
The good old days at North Sydney Oval, sitting in those trees.............

The great local derbies against the Eagles.......
unfortunately mate the local derby was with souths.... the eagles r only known as the team that fucked over norths end of story

aj_number_10

HSC
New Zealand need a team but I can see the point about its unfair that some clubs are suffering for it. IT all began years ago around the 98\99 season when the NRL decided that in 2000 the competition would be revamped to 14 teams, and subsequently many clubs would no longer be alive in 2000.

This obviously lead to the end of stand alone St George , Illawarra , Wests , Balmain , Norths and Manly............ while Souths risked standing alone and lost. I think it is terrible what the NRL did, especially to the old identities with a world of history and tradition like North Sydney. However thats getting off topic , on New Zealand I dont think they are the problems ... its another team like Melbourne who obviously arent improving. If winning a premiership isnt going to bring the supporters in... then ill be damned if I no of anything else that will.

HSC
the warriors were one of the most exciting - and talented teams to watch

after they lost the grand final to the roosters ------ooooohhhh yeah------- they never seemed to regain that form

its a real shame i hope they come out playing like they used to this season

so exciting to watch, always keeping the ball alive

HSC
dani_danoz said:
I don't mean to offend diehard Warrior fans, but does anybody else think it's pretty stupid to include a New Zealand team in an AUSTRALIAN league competition?!?!

Discuss, without fights please. I can't stand e-fights, I think they're stupid. Just meet up off the net and have a brawl already lol
how ironic

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
guess whos back said:
the warriors were one of the most exciting - and talented teams to watch

after they lost the grand final to the roosters ------ooooohhhh yeah------- they never seemed to regain that form

its a real shame i hope they come out playing like they used to this season

so exciting to watch, always keeping the ball alive
this year will be a huge difference!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)