Aurora Borealis - Good Major Project topic? (1 Viewer)

The_Nina

HSC
Hi, I'm currently in the beginning of my year 12 studies.
The subjects I study are Adv. English, Gen. Maths, Modern, Ancient, and Geography.
I've picked up Ext History, as I want to be a History Teacher in Secondary Schooling.

My first topic was something along the lines of, 'How have historical events from the past shaped modern forms of entertainment?'
With things such as Roman Gladiators, Greek theatre, etc.

Then I switched to UFO's, and the whole Roswell incident.

As I was searching through the Forums, I noticed people saying do things you enjoy.

I really like the Aurora Borealis, and as I don't know much about it, I think it would be a good experience.

The question I am mainly looking to be answered is, would it fall under historiography?

I would probably do it on how the myths and legends of the Aurora Borealis changed with advancing technological proof.
[Not set in stone =P]

Any help would be VERYYY muchly appreciated!!!!! =)

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I would imagine it would be quite difficult to find sufficient information on this.

The_Nina

HSC
I know are a few books around there, that show the myths and then the recent scientific findings.

It's just the whole 'historiography' :/

I really have no idea what I'll be doing..

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
i have seen only one good history extension essay related to science and it was about nuclear fallout. the odds are not looking good for you.

The_Nina

HSC
Oh, wow. xD

Okay.
Well I appreciate your thoughts. :)

I assume I'll be thinking of more historical events to make a Major Project out of. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)