Aussie Open (1 Viewer)

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
martina's sorta turned into her own type of anna kournikova now. still hyped about but can't win anything anymore. :p

and that daniela hantuchova? ha! she's a twig! she needs to tone up or she might break something.

i'm betting that a qualifier goes on to either make it to the finals or win it against some big shot like Hewitt or whatever.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by FunkyFlava
martina's sorta turned into her own type of anna kournikova now. still hyped about but can't win anything anymore. :p
that is so true ... btw who would have thought that five years ago ...

i'm betting that a qualifier goes on to either make it to the finals or win it against some big shot like Hewitt or whatever.
neh ... qualifers usually only make as far as the fourth round because they would be totally and utterly wasted after four-five set matchs ... and they have to qualify which require three matchs right before ...
but i would be surprised to see a hot-shot like hewitt fall at the final hurdle against a real talented player ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
oh ... rafter is gone ... gone from the tennis world ... gone from having another crack at wimbeldon ... oh well ... as he said "you win some and you lose some" ...:(

mmhmm

Originally posted by professor
what do you guys think about the Thailand guy???
Paradorn (dont know how to spell his last name .....umm is it scriphan or something) yeh his preety good, he has been in good form lately so he should do well at the aus open. i got to meet him this week at the adidas international when he was practicing and i got his autograph so i was happy.

men- i want agassi to win!!! i know his old but who cares he rocks
- pity sampras isnt here i would want him to win
- hewitt- i dont want him to win!! i dont like him but then again go the aussies.
-oh and philoposis (cant spell his name lol) i really want him to come back....i hate how every time he comes back he gets injured it bloody sux!
-rafter- damn!!! his gone!! i hope a miracle occurs and he comes out of retirement and he makes a cum back ...hmm i should dream on.

women- i dont want the williams sisters to win!
- i want seles to win!! oh i wish she was as good as she was b4 back in the days b4 she got stabbed.
- clisters- yeh i think she will make it to finals or semi finals....then again i think she might win shes playin really good and she even beat serena williams at the end of last yr.

professor

i will love to see the Thailand guy play if i have the time...

yea, i reckon Agassi will win it!! that guy is hitting form lately and u know what he said?!?! he loves da heat!!! what a joke...he is an animal

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
agassi has gotten off to a great start and is starting to peak ... and paradon has alot of potential (with wins over the likes of agassi and hewitt last year) ...

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by Lord Ac
Anyone going down for the tennis? I'll be there ... (Comeon SAMPRAS!!!)

Ac
Will be watching it on TV, but i've heard news that players want the Aussie open to be changed to March as the intense aussie summer is hard to compete in and that players need alonger time to relax and revitalise their bodies as the aussie open comes too early in the year. . . .

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
i reckon they should give them a week to recuperate after the first initial tournaments of the year and season.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i want safin to win for the guys but i doubt it...
id put my money on agassi if anyone...

as for the womens
i want anna to win but.. erm.. i dont think that would happen... hopefully she might get past round 2... :p
dunno who would win for womens... jennifer? *shrugz*

i heard martina was sueing (??) her footwear company for make crappy shoes and making her have some injuries or something... but as usual... i could be wrong

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
I'll also be watching the Ozzie Open on TV. Go the Aussies, especially Lleyton (I know that will upset some, but I reckon he's a champ).

Also, I'd love to see Hingis make a comeback and beat the Williams sisters back to back like she did in 2001 or early 2002, that would be cool, especially if this was in a grand slam and the second game was the final.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i reckon they should give them a week to recuperate after the first initial tournaments of the year and season.
but as some commentators put it ... if they did move the aussie open, then the crowds would be smaller (and consequently less revenue) because everyone would be back at work ... as well, the other tournaments would have to moved about considering the aussie circuit ends with the aussie open ...
but i do agree that watching those tennis players suffer in thirty-five degree heat is not pleasant regardless how well they play ...

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Yeh! Now *that* was a match!! Too bad Elenuiiiee didnt win :(:(

And agassi winning? Predictable from outset after he killed Lee.

Serena Venus final. Didnt bother to watch it. They have shitted up womens tennis. Bring Back Martina :(

Ac

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
besides the marathon (and maybe the henin-davenport match), the open was a little one-sided ... and didnt rainer have a lucky draw (with safin injured, nabandian tired from his five-setter against federer, and roddick injured and exhausted from his marathon) ... but i guess thats the luck of the draw (not taking anything from him though) ...

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Is it me, or do some weird peoeple always make it to the final at the Aussie-open?

Raeiner
Johanson
Clemeont
etc?

Ac

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lord Ac
Is it me, or do some weird peoeple always make it to the final at the Aussie-open?

Raeiner
Johanson
Clemeont
etc?

Ac
yeah, your right ... except they usually lose (and badly) ... except if they play an opponent like safin who is too easily distracted ...

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by natstar
OK ITZ ova now.
Agassi and Serena won!!
Whats everyones thoughts?????

Hey how bout da fukin awsome match between Roddick and that morrocan dude!!! That was a marathon. I stayed till de end (well almost)

I watched it until the very end!!!!!!!!!! it was soo good, and it had andy in it! yay, Im going to marry that guy!

babyjess

HSC
N/A
went down during the middle weekend... saw heaps of cool matches including that one that went till 9.30 on sunday night (it was a day match)

the best part?? Hienekin Day... lots of cool green hats and THE WHITLAMS (sorry, they rock)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)