Austin booted me (1 Viewer)

bboy_insane

HSC
N/A
Didnt pay in time..........so screwed, the whole thing confused me but ah well gotta get on with it.

Went up to Armidale yesterday, there are 150 people left over who cant get on-campus accomodation, so I went to look for share houses. Theyre ALL taken.

Went to a place called Smith House (its not the smith family lol :p) and it aint the best but its only 78$ a week so i'm gonna stay there till i can get a few people together to get a share house going.

Anyone interested?

Also, I checked out the job scene. I got a soccer refereeing job, but if you got any questions just ask me bout jobs.

Ashleet

HSC
im thinking about moving off campus - but im tied up till semester 2 pretty much

natrap

I'm same as Ash in that regard. I'm in Austin for now but I'm going in with the expectation that I'm going to want to go to either Wright Village or off-campus. I may like college life so much that I'll want to stay - but that is doubtful. I also want to see what it's like during the term/semester breaks. If you rent a house/apartment then you have to pay all year round. That's why Wright Village sounds good.

As for jobs I'll be looking as soon as I get there. I'm waiting to hear from Coles Myer whether I got a job at Target/Kmart/Coles.

sepul

HSC
I've heard a lot of badish things about living on campus ( know a guy who used to be a professor there ), and he said the better students tend to live off campus.

Also, I was very lucky in finding a place within the first few days of looking, word of mouth led us to this guy wanting to rent out a room in a little house he is renting, I went up there and checked it all out and it's good - new and clean, only problem is he is applying for a job in a couple of different places so depending if he gets the job, he may be moving in a month. The rent is at 170 PW at the moment, but he said if he leaves it may go up to 220 if it goes through an agent, so yeah I might be looking for someone to share it with if I can keep it at 170, if not will be looking for two people.

Ashleet

HSC
Originally posted by sepul
I've heard a lot of badish things about living on campus ( know a guy who used to be a professor there ), and he said the better students tend to live off campus.
of course the better students live of campus, they dont spend as much time drunk :p jk

BTW heard from mojo, UNE has the highest alcohol consuption per student out of all the unis in australia and is ranked 3rd in the world, now try telling that to your parents

PARTAY!!!!

sepul

HSC
heh, those are pretty impressive stats ( Where did you say you heard them from ? )

The ex-professor I know was telling my parents how much alcohol gets "consumed" there, and was telling them about their drug problem too, so I don't have to hide anything from my parents now.

Ashleet

HSC
heh, those are pretty impressive stats ( Where did you say you heard them from ? )

they are indeed, mojoman was telling me (he know a guy who goes there). When i told a few of my teachers that i was going to armidale i got lecture after lecture about drugs.

as going away presents my friends are buying all my alcomohol

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ashleet
they are indeed, mojoman was telling me (he know a guy who goes there). When i told a few of my teachers that i was going to armidale i got lecture after lecture about drugs.

as going away presents my friends are buying all my alcomohol

yeah... my best mates brother who goes to UNE told me.. and my eyes instantly lit up

Christine

beige member
HSC
wow, no offence but thats scaring me that u are born in 86.....

i'm going to be so old compared to all the other first years..... i turn 20 this year! shit thats scary

also on the alcohol thing, austin has its own liscensed bar.....

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by Ashleet

BTW heard from mojo, UNE has the highest alcohol consuption per student out of all the unis in australia and is ranked 3rd in the world, now try telling that to your parents

PARTAY!!!!
ranked 3rd in the world for the highest alcohol consumption per student?? (this may seem like a very obvious question, but i'm blonde)

Ashleet

HSC
Originally posted by ballerinabarbie
ranked 3rd in the world for the highest alcohol consumption per student?? (this may seem like a very obvious question, but i'm blonde)
YEP!!

Ashleet

HSC
Yeah, IF they're correct those are some pretty insane stats.

they are indeed which is why it is our purpose to uphold these traditions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)