Australia in England 2015 Thread (1 Viewer)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Cricket 1

My review of Australia and England's performance.
Australia
Bowling
- Australia performed quite poorly with the ball, often leaking runs with inconsistencies in where the ball hit the pitch. The percentage of dot balls was quite low as well. johnson and the quick's bouncers proved ineffective with the slow pitch. What Australia needed was sustained pressure with many dot balls preventing runs.

Hazel was exceptional, starc was inconsistent with sometimes straight balls and sometimes in swinging balls. Johnson was somewhat ineffective with 0 wickets and many 4's coming off the counter attack to his balls . A glowing review for Lyon , who got counter attacked at times , but did get the important wickets.

Batting
Australia was quite bad at batting. Aaron finch and Johnson were the standouts with the most runs , being able to defend if needed and timing the bat for 4's. Clarke , smith , vogue and Watson all got out (in the 1st innings ) when they were just getting started and had had more confidence. Warner got out cheaply by an edge in the first innings and got out when he just got started .... As usual.

Australia's second innings were terrible with many players getting out for less than 20 runs. Watson got out by a lbw (again) . Clarke and vogue got out with runs of 4 and 1 respectively.
Mate.

crazy_paki123

HSC
You can review all you like. Fact is England out batted Australia, out bowled Australia and Cook out captained Clarke. In short England were better and did the basics right then got inventive when needed. Australia were impatient and sloppy. They UNDERESTIMATED England

armouredspy

HSC
shane watson is shite. pls get him off the team. lets get mitch marsh in

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Prediction: Australia will hit 550 then declare
Smith + Rogers partnership makes 350+

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I like Chris rogers now, he is quite a consistent batter (plus he makes 50+ runs) =)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I like Chris rogers now, he is quite a consistent batter (plus he makes 50+ runs) =)
I love his passive-aggressive style of batting, he doesn't rush (unlike warner) and can stand there all day just blocking until he gets that right ball. Been rooting for him since day one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)