Australian Drama (1 Viewer)

Miss Ellen

HSC
Does anyone have any idea whatsoever of what conventions are utilised or subverted in the removalists or in The doll?

Please help! Or maybe what aspects of Australia's political

climate are reflected...:confused: ?

Ellen

schmoph

HSC
hey hunni i am also doign those text for aust drama studies. Basically, conventions that are ustilised in the doll have to do with change effecting peoples situations and tradions, also i feel it has a alot to do with reality, ie olive not wanting to deal with the reality that things are different and wont always be the same during the lay off and she has to grow up! Pearl is seen as the person who points out the realities, she is the person who has come into the "group" with an attempt for her to "replace" nancy. the line "Glamourous nights, look at us" is an indication of their life is actualy really dull and boring.

Another main convention is the representation of australian mateship, especially between Roo and barney, their falling out etc.

not too sure on removalist, as we havnt studied that in much detail yet!

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
schmoph said:
hey hunni i am also doign those text for aust drama studies. Basically, conventions that are ustilised in the doll have to do with change effecting peoples situations and tradions, also i feel it has a alot to do with reality, ie olive not wanting to deal with the reality that things are different and wont always be the same during the lay off and she has to grow up! Pearl is seen as the person who points out the realities, she is the person who has come into the "group" with an attempt for her to "replace" nancy. the line "Glamourous nights, look at us" is an indication of their life is actualy really dull and boring.

Another main convention is the representation of australian mateship, especially between Roo and barney, their falling out etc.

not too sure on removalist, as we havnt studied that in much detail yet!

thatw is eactlly wat i do just focus on that a and refien ur points
ull be fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)