Australian Economics Competition (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
The Harry Potter one was a form of advertising i think that would make the demand curve shift to the right, well that's what i put anyway...

It's more a question of whether kids are more likely to buy the books having seen the movie, or won't want to read the books now that they've seen the movie. I went with the former.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
damn!! I have to read the wealth of nations for ee1...could've guaranteed at least one mark for me! :mad1: *mutters* stupid eco teacher, doesnt do jack and doesnt inform us about the competition till its too late :angry:

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
you know what sucks?

When the questions don't arrive at your school.

:confused:

I mean, how the hell does that happen?
?!?!
seriously, sometimes...

bah

Seabiscuit

HSC
Originally posted by George W. Bush

The Harry Potter question is crap, it's not clear if the movie is a substitute or a complement. I just assumed it would be complementary.
Yeah! The "Barry Botter" question! Argh!! WHat did it mean??! There were many possibilities to what it could have been
And i got the Wealth Of NAtions one, becaue they put Adam Smith in heaps in the eco comp, and i figured he must be a favourite of the economics people.
The other dodgy question was the one with the column graph, and it had Net Exports on it, and other stuff. But the graph wasn't properly labeled!

Yeah, that's because for the next question you had to name which factor was the biggest contributor....

and there were only 2 possibilites for HP really, but anyway..

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I wrote that question that had my name in it =p
That was the only one I wrote though
They were mostly written by ex-coordinators and lecturers at uni
I think Bambul (a forum member here) wrote the most q's...he also got 1st place in NSW when he did the eco comp in 2001

Hope to see some of you at the prize winners night in a few months =) since u guys seem confident

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
crikey

*got absolutely owned*
we did it today.

you know what? I think I shoulda payed a bit more attention to what you guys posted on these forums.
:-\

Economics is my worst subject, and I didn't try at all in year 10 Commerce, so its enough to say that I got absolutely CREAMED.

lol, I sat it out of curiousity though. :D Never sat this paper before. ^_^
Hrm, wonder if my school does business studies comp, I haven't sat that one either. :)

I got the Minai question though... that was easy.
-.-
wtf, Minai, seriously, if I got that question out, than you can be sure that most of the state got it out. Trust me.
:p

What do ya'll think the prize cutoff will be? By consultation I think I've got at most 2 questions wrong, the Harry Potter (if they consider movie to be a substitute) and the supply curves are derived from, which I still don't know the answer too...good arguments for both answers.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Orange Council
I got the Minai question though... that was easy.
-.-
wtf, Minai, seriously, if I got that question out, than you can be sure that most of the state got it out. Trust me.
:p
ah well, hopefully most of the state arent as bright as you!
most yr11's wouldnt know that right? i cant even remember =/
Originally posted by George W. Bush
What do ya'll think the prize cutoff will be?
its usually top 1.2%

Demandred

HSC
Fark I was so stuck on the question, Greenspan or MacFarlan....

Last edited:

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
i'd never heard of greenspan, and costello seemed fishy, so i circled macfarlane.

;)

:D

yay for my economics knowledge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)