• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian flag BANNED!!! (1 Viewer)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
cowface said:
Look at me! Look at me!

I'm soooo proud of Australia and it's people and stuff, so I'm going to wave this flag I bought at Kmart which was on sale for $29.95 and was printed in some Asian factory. It has the British flag covering the most prominent quarter of it! So SPECIAL! The people, the land, its civil institutions aren't symbols of this great nation, the flag is!!!

*waves* *wraps around body* *dances*

Why contribute to the welfare of this country by paying taxes, volunteering, or keeping informed when I can just wave my $30 flag? It's sooooo much easier. More Lebs should try it, man.
:rofl:

Good call man.

terces

Banned
HSC
N/A
breaking said:
Yeah, I was talking to a friend about this. If kids want to wave Australian flags at BDO go right ahead. On the other hand, if people at the big day out want to wave some other countries flag then that's fine too. I don't think they should of banned it, after all, this is Australia and this venue is held in Australia - I would have no reason to wave a flag because I am aware of the country I am in, but some people enjoy waving flags and maybe would like to show them off to the band members, I suppose.

On another note, because the flag was banned is another issue. It was banned too keep the wogs from complaining. But, after all, it is Australia right? Our flag has a union jack on it with seven stars, not a yellow terrorism orientated fabric. Therefore, if you're offended by our flag and/or you're offended by the Australian attitude, don't complain about it - pack your bags and get the fuck out.

Ok, thank you.

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
terces said:
Yeah, I was talking to a friend about this. If kids want to wave Australian flags at BDO go right ahead. On the other hand, if people at the big day out want to wave some other countries flag then that's fine too. I don't think they should of banned it, after all, this is Australia and this venue is held in Australia - I would have no reason to wave a flag because I am aware of the country I am in, but some people enjoy waving flags and maybe would like to show them off to the band members, I suppose.

On another note, because the flag was banned is another issue. It was banned not only to keep the wogs from complaining, but also because the mojority of muslims and other ethnic groups have moved here from overseas and would like to keep their culture -which is fine as well. But, after all, it is Australia right? Our flag has a union jack on it with seven stars, not a yellow terrorism orientated fabric. Therefore, if you're offended by our flag and/or you're offended by the Australian attitude, don't complain about it - pack your bags and get the fuck out cause we couldn't give a flying fuck.

Ok, thank you.
IT WASN'T FREAKING BANNED, IT WAS DISCOURAGED. KAY? GOOD.

God.

terces

Banned
HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
IT WASN'T FREAKING BANNED, IT WAS DISCOURAGED. KAY? GOOD.

God.
Excuse me, I edited my post so could you sligtly adjust the quote there please.

Whether discouraged or banned, the point should be taken. What next, you want to start taken flags down off the poles at parliament building? What more do these people want ffs? We've give them land, free medical and more and then we will move aside for them as well so that they can run the country? Like fuck...

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
terces said:
Excuse me, I edited my post so could you sligtly adjust the quote there please.

Whether discouraged or banned, the point should be taken. What next, you want to start taken flags down off the poles at parliament building? What more do these people want ffs? We've give them land, free medical and more and then we will move aside for them as well so that they can run the country? Like fuck...
Um no?

You're still maintained it was banned when it wasn't.

And it wasn't "banned" for any reason other than to prevent it being used as a symbol to incite racially motivated violence.

Also, who are "these people".

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
obviously he means lefties... and anyone who HATES FREEDOM

etc.

terces

Banned
HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
Um no?

You're still maintained it was banned when it wasn't.

And it wasn't "banned" for any reason other than to prevent it being used as a symbol to incite racially motivated violence.

Also, who are "these people".

I couldn't care if you're american, asian or what. Yes, this is a multicultural country ok, but if our flag incites racially motivated violence, then piss these people out of the country who want to ignite this violence. The violence is caused because some ethnic communities (wont mention which ones) are very violent people who come from a country which is torn apart. Don't try and bullshit me either ok, I know how arrogunt these people are, each time I walk down parramatta I hear "fucking aussie cunts" or "aussie aussie aussie, oink oink oink"... these people are pigs and if people want to move aside for them, then that's just fucked up.

Wogs, lebos, muslims etc... don't act dumb.

And I am not saying all have attitudes, but most of the young communities do.

Last edited by a moderator:

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
wheredanton said:
I personally think the organizers have the safety of people in their minds, rather than making a lefty political statement. .
As I went on to say, if the organisers were 'fair dinkum' about liability and crowd safety, they would more adequately address the issue of excessive alcohol consumption, not the removal of the flag..

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
terces said:
Just shut up and learn ok yank.

I couldn't care if you're american, asian or what. Yes, this is a multicultural country ok, but if our flag incites racially motivated violence, then piss these people out of the country who want to ignite this violence. The violence is caused because some ethnic communities (wont mention which ones) are very violent people who come from a country which is torn apart. Don't try and bullshit me either ok, I know how arrogunt these people are, each time I walk down parramatta I hear "fucking aussie cunts" or "aussie aussie aussie, oink oink oink"... these people are pigs and if people want to move aside for them, then that's just fucked up.

I'm actually American Australian but you don't care. I've lived here most of my life so I get the country, I get the problems.

Both sides are to blame really but if you get rid of something that can incite that violence at a public venue WHERE IT CAN BE CONTROLLED then why wouldn't you?

Oh and yes let's get rid of some of those Anglo-Saxon idiots who incite and partake in that violence.

What the FUCK is it with people and that saying "Get these people out of the country". Cause they're all foreigners? God that's fucking ignorant. Grow up. There will be people like this all over the world but hey if you can maybe control it, keep it under the lid a bit and maybe in the process educate some people then why not do that?

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
frog12986 said:
As I went on to say, if the organisers were 'fair dinkum' about liability and crowd safety, they would more adequately address the issue of excessive alcohol consumption, not the removal of the flag..
Why are the measures thought to be mutually exclusive?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
terces said:
Just shut up and learn ok yank.

cause REAL australians wouldn't do the same thing back...

*reads Cronulla Inquest*

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
frog12986 said:
I think you should read the statement on the BDO website. It's not banned.

I mean do you support the use of the Australian flag for 'antisocial' agendas?

From what I have read the targeting of the Australian flag is a direct result of people who at the last few BDO's have used the Australian flag for 'antisocial' and violent racially motivated attacks.

In this instance it is a safety issue more than anything.

frog12986 said:
That would be 'unaustralian' wouldn't it?

Personally all these events should be dry. But hey, I'm 'unaustralian' - White collar job in an intellectual area and all, what would I know?

Last edited:

lengy

HSC
Yeah what about your 'Aussies', white, drunk and arrogant who target anyone who isn't whilst carrying around the flag? These are the people the are trying to prevent from acting rowdy. You're attacking 'ethnics' when it's just as likely that 'bogans' are going to start inciting violence. You don't see the other side of the argument.

cowface

HSC
I prefer Australian nationalism to Wog (Serbs vs. Croatians) nationalism. At we least can be united for once, eh?

Last edited:

terces

Banned
HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
I'm actually American Australian but you don't care. I've lived here most of my life so I get the country, I get the problems.

Both sides are to blame really but if you get rid of something that can incite that violence at a public venue WHERE IT CAN BE CONTROLLED then why wouldn't you?

Oh and yes let's get rid of some of those Anglo-Saxon idiots who incite and partake in that violence.

What the FUCK is it with people and that saying "Get these people out of the country". Cause they're all foreigners? God that's fucking ignorant. Grow up. There will be people like this all over the world but hey if you can maybe control it, keep it under the lid a bit and maybe in the process educate some people then why not do that?
Oi yank, you simply spew your opinions while asking questions, u dont answer questions. So what next, do we take down the flag at parliament house so that it does not ignite racial violence?

There's always going to be hate, but I don't like the thought of people moving aside for others when they shouldn't have to. How would people feel if we walked down Auburn and told them that the text on the shop walls (such as allah jrvfnpjowinv kebab) is influencing us to hurt them? they wouldn't like it... in fact they've flags of labanese orientation all over the joint down there. Us grow up? You need to grow up and see what's going on. You ever walked down a street in Auburn? Well, you would be luckly to walk out of there without beeing insulted in some way... just ask the aussie cityrail stuff what they have to put up with.

Mr_brightside,

Look, I aint racist and I couldn't care if they walk the streets thinking they own them or whatever, but don't bash life guards or dislike what we have here in Australia because we will punch you in the fucking teeth eventually, and send you home (not australia).

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
terces said:
Oi yank, you simply spew your opinions while asking questions, u dont answer questions. So what next, do we take down the flag at parliament house so that it does not ignite racial violence?

There's always going to be hate, but I don't like the thought of people moving aside for others when they shouldn't have to. How would people feel if we walked down Auburn and told them that the text on the shop walls (such as allah jrvfnpjowinv kebab) is influencing us to hurt them? they wouldn't like it... in fact they've flags of labanese orientation all over the joint down there. Us grow up? You need to grow up and see what's going on. You ever walked down a street in Auburn? Well, you would be luckly to walk out of there without beeing insulted in some way... just ask the aussie cityrail stuff what they have to put up with.

Mr_brightside,

Look, I aint racist and I couldn't care if they walk the streets thinking they own them or whatever, but don't bash life guards or dislike what we have here in Australia because we will punch you in the fucking teeth eventually, and send you home (not australia).
Here's an answer: No they wouldn't because it would't make sense to. It's being displayed in a respectful manner there, to represent the Parliament.

Of course there's always going to be hate. But don't blame one side or the other. You're both to blame. There's this ridiculous "us and them" idea that you're so different because of what? Your ancestry, where you were born? I don't want to get into that but it's just ridiculous.

No I haven't walked down a street in Auburn but once again I'm going to repeat the situation of the Big Day Out: A Controlled area, where you need to abide by certain rules to be allowed in and stay in. It's privately done and thus they can make whatever rules they deem necessary to keep the peace. They believed this would help. Don't stray from the issue which is that of the Big Day Out.

edit: Fuck you, I probably know more about this country than you. Sorry I wasn't lucky enough to be born here, obviously that makes me subject to some sort of ridicule. Oops for not having control over the country of my birth. Idiot.

lengy

HSC
How is a Leb acting like an arsehole any different from an Aussie acting like an arsehole? Their both arseholes.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Stop press.

I have the solution. Ban the Australian flag outright.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)