Australian Geography Competition (1 Viewer)

testingexample

HSC
I had the Geo Comp today and it's so hard! antyone else find that? only 35 mins with all random questions about random places and graphs...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Although I don't do Geo, I still did the Competition. It was fair - I loved the general knowledge questions about the country with the most Muslims (Indonesia, I think), and the Victoria Falls one (Zimbabwe and Zambia).

bvl

HSC
geo comp is honestly a joke. it barely test geo skills. its essentially a knowledge quizz. having said that, the high distinctions do look good in a cv.

Jess007

HSC
omg i did it too!! omg at lunch me and my friends who did geo were like OMG WTF ... there were wuestions in there about metals and stones and minerals... come on !! no geo skills needed... lol, ill probably get a participation like last year * sigh*

expertdkx

B.IT Network Security
HSC
Uni Grad
y my school dont notify us...
anywayz i wanna try out te Geo comp..
BTW im from Fairvale High School:)

Jess007

HSC
omg, i did it..hahah its soooo stupid so hard!! omg it was about rocks and steels...to 'what time is the sun shining in this pic'..omg...there was no shadow either..haha funniest exam thoug, at lunch my and the friends who did it were just saying all the hard and stupidand pointless questions,funny funny

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Every time I've done it, I've gotten a High Distinction, no exceptions this year.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
I got a distinction, and this guy sitting beside me got a high distinction and beat me by 1 mark. :vcross:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I got a High Distinction. And the same mark as about 20 of the other guys who did it in the class, since there was no teacher in the room for the second half of the test. :)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Aerath said:
I got a High Distinction. And the same mark as about 20 of the other guys who did it in the class, since there was no teacher in the room for the second half of the test. :)
The average may have dropped a teensy weensy bit if you guys didn't share answers which would've made me score a high distinction :uhhuh:. Ah well...Year 10 times...:p

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
But yeah, I actually enjoy the Geography comp, and I actually knew a lot of the questions, so I reckon I would've gotten a HD even if we weren't allowed to copy. I daresay, I wouldn't have gotten 27/35, though. ;)

SimonLee13

HSC
15/35 this year.... I'm actually doing geography as a subject though... xD

ST2010

HSC
how do you actually find out your mark i got high distinction tho..

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
SimonLee13 said:
15/35 this year.... I'm actually doing geography as a subject though... xD
How could you? Ganderton didn't even check if we were copying or not, we were talking half the time. And for the other half, he wasn't even in the SCC. :p

ST2010 said:
how do you actually find out your mark i got high distinction tho..
You get a sheet of all your answers and stuff, and you get your mark off that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)