Australian Hiphop - Have a listen (1 Viewer)

phatchance

HSC
Just thought I would share some music for free from an up and coming young group of sydney musicians, (i.e. myself and my band)

Have a listen to the track "A Piece of Mind" and tell me what you think, whether it be negative or positive.

Also, try and reserve your preconceptions of "Hip-hop" music, as you'll hear this is a bit different. Also, this is applicable for HSC students, as I used this medium for my performance poetry which got showcase nomination, something to consider.

Cheers.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=345143

PS if you are unfamiliar with the site, if you have no account simply hit HI-FI or LO-FI (HI-FI recommended) and the media will stream, don't hit mp3 unless you have or are willing to create a free account

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
This is good, intelligent music.

Fucking good track.

I urge everyone to listen to this.

SirLukeyG

HSC
Listening to it right now. This is fucking brilliant!

How i'd like to be able to make music like this. Very good shit mate! :D

Send me all the latest to get a listen too :p. I'll tell ya what I reckon of them, and do you mind if we share these with others at school?

It's good shit man! :D

phatchance

HSC
Cheers guys, your positive comments are seriously appreciated.

We play/are planning on playing gigs Australia wide, I'm not sure abouts where 'Up North' refers to, but we play a lot of gigs in Sydney and Canberra, and we're looking to do an Australia wide tour to promote our EP next year, so we'll probably hit somewhere near you at some point, if you want to PM me with your town I'll hit you with an email next time we're somewhere nearbye.

Feel free to share this around with your friends, we'd really appreciate any kind of exposure and we encourage people burning/sharing our music, glad you guys like it, I'll drop any new tracks we release in this forum in the future.

Peace

Monstar

HSC
australian hiphop is so oraganic.. the beats that are coming outta america are so computerised, australian beats are so much more natural.

The calibre of mcs around here are awesome.

good luck with this stuff man, ya got my support.

Pilgrim

HSC
thats fuckin good man. im putting together a mixtape over the course of this year with a large group of aussie mc;s

how do u put ur beats together?

7th Sign

HSC
try and get on bukk citys mix tape mate i kno em through my space they get their music all over the usa and what not...your music is pretty good...dunno about piglims mix tape lols how many coppies will you sell piglim and what cut are you giving the artists?

Pilgrim

HSC
7th Sign said:
try and get on bukk citys mix tape mate i kno em through my space they get their music all over the usa and what not...your music is pretty good...dunno about piglims mix tape lols how many coppies will you sell piglim and what cut are you giving the artists?
For free my man. Fuck the corporation.

LOLZ LYK HOW MUCH U cUTiN tO tHe aRtiSts Yo?

Clutch.

HSC
phatchance said:
Just thought I would share some music for free from an up and coming young group of sydney musicians, (i.e. myself and my band)

Have a listen to the track "A Piece of Mind" and tell me what you think, whether it be negative or positive.

Also, try and reserve your preconceptions of "Hip-hop" music, as you'll hear this is a bit different. Also, this is applicable for HSC students, as I used this medium for my performance poetry which got showcase nomination, something to consider.

Cheers.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=345143

PS if you are unfamiliar with the site, if you have no account simply hit HI-FI or LO-FI (HI-FI recommended) and the media will stream, don't hit mp3 unless you have or are willing to create a free account
Yeah nice man- big fan of yours; you had a sweet set at B2B before it got shut down (even though its back now)

I read on OHH you're doing a show at UTS next week, but I checked the UTS site and didn't see it there. Which bar/what time you at? Keen to see you dudes again.

HSC
N/A
Since I actually listened to this... I have to say it's decent enough. I kind of don't like hip-hop music but this is pretty good :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)