Australian Idol 2004 (3 Viewers)

DaRanjed

I voted like 10 times for Casey cos i thought she did the worst n she would probably be in the bottom 3.. hah should've voted for Ricki.. seriously thought she was safe though ?!
I don't get this logic..no offence. :confused:
But why would you vote for someone who sang bad as opposed to someone who did well?
Is it pity or whatever?
I don't get it.
Can people just simply vote for people they thought did the job??

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i think what they meant is that they usually like casey, she usually sings well but because she wasn't strong on sudnay, they felt like she was vulnerable so they voted to ensure she was safe

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
DaRanjed said:
I don't get this logic..no offence. :confused:
But why would you vote for someone who sang bad as opposed to someone who did well?
Is it pity or whatever?
I don't get it.
Can people just simply vote for people they thought did the job??
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
i think what they meant is that they usually like casey, she usually sings well but because she wasn't strong on sudnay, they felt like she was vulnerable so they voted to ensure she was safe
Yeah, what she said ^

Look at it this way... my faves were Ricki, Anthony, Daniel and Casey. I can't vote 10 times for each of them every single week.. i ain't that rich ! So the one who did the worst performance of the week out of them 4, is who i vote for. So that was Casey (IMO). She was in the bottom 3 once so i thot she would possibly be in the bottom again.. or leave, and i didn't want that =/ I thot Ricki and Anthony were particulary the strong ones.. definitely didn't think they needed MY votes. You get that ? I've learnt my lesson from Ricki leaving tho, from now on i'm gona be voting heaps for Anthony ^.^

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Fry said:
i think its more to do with stinginess. if voting was free then i'd vote non-stop.
i totally agree. i will not spend money to vote, sorry to say i don't care who gets out i still won't vote. when they make it free like in the usa it will be fairer and i will vote as many times as i like
Ranger Stacie said:
lol, I'm not spending 22c on Australian Idol!
it's 55c for both calls and sms i believe

they say it's a democracy and that this shows democracies don't work. when you're making people pay it's not a democratic vote.

Survivor39 said:
You know how Marcia said 4 people forgotten their lyrics? i only picked up 2, Hayley and Casey...who were the others????
ricki lee did, i think courtney did. i didn't pick up hayley.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
iambored said:
ricki lee did, i think courtney did. i didn't pick up hayley.
Courtney?.. are you sure - coz he's meant to be the biggest beatles fan out of all of them..

DaRanjed

Hayley almost put me to sleep.

And Casey was bad on the Beatles night.
These two girls should have been in the bottom 3 instead of Ricki and Chanel.

Fry

iambored said:
i totally agree. i will not spend money to vote, sorry to say i don't care who gets out i still won't vote. when they make it free like in the usa it will be fairer and i will vote as many times as i like
it's still not fair if people are allowed to vote as many times as they wish, it should be one vote per person.

Annegelic - aargghhh why the hell would you vote for Casey?? that is the problem with this nation, the crap ones always get the sympathy votes. time and time again Marty still manages to scrape through and he clearly cannot sing. he should've went a long time ago. he is not idol material and looks like he is more suited to being in a rock band.

i also blame myself for not voting for RL, but i never vote until the very end and i thought she would be safe. this show is just too unpredictable. one bad performance by the best singer in the competition, imo, and she gets booted. that's just not right.

i saw RL on Rove and she makes it out like it was an absolute disaster. i honestly didn't believe it was that bad. she is being too hard on herself and it was the Australian public that let her down, not her performance.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
Fry said:
it's still not fair if people are allowed to vote as many times as they wish, it should be one vote per person.

Annegelic - aargghhh why the hell would you vote for Casey?? that is the problem with this nation, the crap ones always get the sympathy votes. time and time again Marty still manages to scrape through and he clearly cannot sing. he should've went a long time ago. he is not idol material and looks like he is more suited to being in a rock band.

i also blame myself for not voting for RL, but i never vote until the very end and i thought she would be safe. this show is just too unpredictable. one bad performance by the best singer in the competition, imo, and she gets booted. that's just not right.

i saw RL on Rove and she makes it out like it was an absolute disaster. i honestly didn't believe it was that bad. she is being too hard on herself and it was the Australian public that let her down, not her performance.
the arrangement was shit. she sang well but the song did her no favours. as a beatles lover it pained me to watch it.

what did anthony sing? i missed him and chanel.

and what's "idol material", fry? are we about rewarding talented singers with a chance at a music career, or finding a scott cain replica?

Fry

welshi said:
the arrangement was shit. she sang well but the song did her no favours. as a beatles lover it pained me to watch it.

what did anthony sing? i missed him and chanel.

and what's "idol material", fry? are we about rewarding talented singers with a chance at a music career, or finding a scott cain replica?
well, the record company BMG are more oriented towards image and moulding the would-be winner into a pop star. Marty is a rock singer and sorry to say but he doesn't have the looks to fit the mould. that's just the way this very shallow industry works. most of the viewers are young teenage girls, he wouldn't cater to that power-buying market and therefore wouldn't sell as many records as say Guy Sebastian, and we all know that the only thing that matters to BMG is money and the ability of the singer to sell records.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
true. pity the aussie pop industry is so shit and second-rate. all the mass-marketed stuff is cheap and cruddy. our only really continuously successful pop acts (not counting neighbours-related acts) are ones that write their own stuff like savage garden (admittedly natalie imbruglia and delta co-write).

Candypants

The performance was pretty shocking - for her. But it was definitely not so shocking that it deserved to be her last.

I'm not a voter myself, but the Australian Public are very unforgiving. Either that or they don't bother securing the 'favourites'. RickiLee DEFINITELY should have won, and while most are capable, she's just the most... who said it? Idol material. She's hot (but not intimidating) and she can sing and she's experimental and theatrical and just really good. As Rove side, just more evidence that democracy doesn't work.

Anyway, I've always put my hopes on Chanel because she's just so fabulous but I don't think she'll make the cut. Australia wants someone bubblegum-flavoured like the metrosexual male-Christina-Aguilera Anthony or whatever.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Candypants said:
Anyway, I've always put my hopes on Chanel because she's just so fabulous but I don't think she'll make the cut. Australia wants someone bubblegum-flavoured like the metrosexual male-Christina-Aguilera Anthony or whatever.
She acts and talks like a baby and your saying shes not bubblegum flavoures?

+ shes chubby.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
hay i was just told that dicko was poached by channel 7 and this is his last idol. apparently he will have talk show on 7. what a fucking joke

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
jumb said:
She acts and talks like a baby and your saying shes not bubblegum flavoures?

+ shes chubby.
I dont think she was referring to bubblegum in that sense.

bubblegum pop.. like the style that anthony sings.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
TurboTom said:
hay i was just told that dicko was poached by channel 7 and this is his last idol. apparently he will have talk show on 7. what a fucking joke
told by who?

nerd2die4

HSC
Yeah i heard that too. does that mean its the last idol, or just the last idol for dicko?

HSC
if thats true then im not gonna watch the next one.

dicko makes it funny coz hes so mean to all of them. and he yells at marcia and makes everything more entertaining.

without him it would be like Popstars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)