Australian Idol 2004 (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
they are singing 2 songs each, i don't know what any of them are

i thought disco was taking over 70s. the themes are getting boring. this season has been too long. they made the start shorter which was great but extended this part and it's too long

kelboo

HSC
iambored said:
they are singing 2 songs each, i don't know what any of them are

i thought disco was taking over 70s. the themes are getting boring. this season has been too long. they made the start shorter which was great but extended this part and it's too long

NAIL ON THE HEAD!! :p

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
yeah, last year they chopped 2 at the same time until the top 6.
Everyone vote for anyone but Courtney!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
glad i'm not the only one who feels like it's been drawn out

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i think its been drawn out so much im starting to get bored.. like really bored. i dont even watch the whole show on sunday nights anymore. I don't know who i want to win...

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
Annegelic said:
I'm with jellybeenz. Courtney DOES sing the same freakin songs 24/7.

EDIT: what song is Casey singing and by who ? and Anthony's song "Bridge over troubled water".. who sings that, and is it a power ballad ?
same songs??? sounds like you're calling every song written before you were born all 'similar.' If so, thats really ignorant. the songs he has sung come from a huge range of styles, to say they're similar you would have to have no clue about music. maybe you're referring to his voice making the songs sound similar? or MAYBE, the similarity you notice is that he has great taste in music, and his songs contain an element of musicality completely lost to some of the pop/R&B shite that exists today.
no, i don't hate pop and R&B - but there does exist a lot of shit out there among any genre, particularly these. unfortunately if anthony wins he'll no doubt gravitate towards stuff that would embarrass any musician. I really hope, if he does win, he stretches himself by singing songs like the prayer (not the same style, but of the same musical calibre).

jellybeenz

HSC
same songs??? sounds like you're calling every song written before you were born all 'similar.' If so, thats really ignorant. the songs he has sung come from a huge range of styles, to say they're similar you would have to have no clue about music.
I reckon he has good taste in music. But I disagree, I don't think they come from a range of styles. I think that he does the same thing a lot. I do take a great interest in music, especially old stuff because I'm not a huge fan of what is popular now, but I can respect it for what it is.

That being said, I think that Courtney needs to diversify and take chances (not just by singing difficult songs). I understand its your opinion and I have mine, in my opinion he sings the same sorts of songs- ones written before I was born or not. His voice is unique, but sometimes I can't help but be bored by his so-called "musicians" choices. I don't think that I would personally enjoy an album by him because I feel it would all be too similar, I like artists to mix things up a bit.

Then again this all comes down to opinion and differing musical tastes.

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
im glad you have your opinion and are sticking to it. anyone who appreciates music gets my appreciation :p

BUT i can't not disagree with the statement that courtney doesn't choose songs from a range of styles. the songs he's performed are from a HUGE range of styles. maybe its easy to mistake this - due to his unique yet distinctive voice, which i guess you could assume sounds the same. but really, if you compare the songs and styles, there are vast differences.. how can you say that SPINNING WHEEL is similar to the beatles, is similar to duke ellington, is similar to maroon 5, is similar to the beach boys, is similar to hot chocolate... etc?

i agree that he sings these songs often in similar WAYS, but the styles, tempos, genres, artists are amazingly different

i also agree that a lot of people may be bored with any CD courtney released, regarding his music tastes (and he should stick to what he can sing well, rather than trying to be something he's not, e.g a lot of the styles anthony sings would not suit his voice). maybe its that i'm used to being around musicians, and music that is so amazing i couldn't ever listen to another chart pop song, of course thats influenced my choices and tastes.

but as always, everyone to their own. id love to hear anyone else's opinion on the matter.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought that show was pretty good

It looks like Anthony will be idol this year - he's got the fans, and he always pulls out great performances every week

jellybeenz

HSC
Okay... So Courtney impressed me for once. His first song rocked, didn't like the second one but I knew I wouldn't beforehand.

ez_19, those are some interesting points about the songs, I guess I kinda mean that he sings and performs them similarly as well.

I loved Casey's "You're So Vain"- she really meant it, it was so pointed and venemous, it was great! I really want Casey to win, but I think she is going to go this week.

Anthony- eh, I've never been a big fan. But I didn't think 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' was as good as Clay Aiken's from American Idol 2 and I hate Clay. However, I think his performances have been consistant, he has the right type of popularity, even if he is gay ;)

I actually really liked this week. So entertaining, I have to say a lot of it was because of James and Andrew G- I love James, even if he does look a little like a toad.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
^^what's with the wink after gay?? whether he is or isn't it's good he hasn't told the public yet, it would give him too much attention.

casey was .. woah, she had so much emotion

jellybeenz

HSC
^^what's with the wink after gay?? whether he is or isn't it's good he hasn't told the public yet, it would give him too much attention.
I don't know if he is gay or not- I just didn't want to offend anyone, so I put the wink there :p I was just kidding, coz it doesn't bother me either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)