Australian Idol 2005 (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Congratulations Kate! She did do a better job at the Final Performance show which earned her the crown.

But Emiliy was amazing singing Every Woman last night.

stainmepink

HSC
Afterglow said:
Oh, yeah! That totally explains why Casey won last year. And why Guy won the year before. Good logic!

casey has aboriginal ancestry but nonetheless shes still white. guy is half aussie. kate is full skip. notice how the foreign or the unattractive are the first to go? and that reminds me of something completely different, Nyugens death row. I haven't even seen fotage of him in his cell. Even the bali nine get that. completely double standard.

the public is generally more accepting of a white idol, becuase the media has bent out whites to be generous caring etc.

stainmepink

HSC
super katie said:
I cant believe you said that. That is wrong on so many different levels.
lol. since when did you buy into that australian "multicultural" crap. i thought john howards stance on the "boat people" was enough evidence, and the fact the public favours john howard's stance on the "children overboard" scandal. after all people did vote him into parliament and knew about his views against refugees.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
gobaby said:
lol. since when did you buy into that australian "multicultural" crap. i thought john howards stance on the "boat people" was enough evidence, and the fact the public favours john howard's stance on the "children overboard" scandal. after all people did vote him into parliament and knew about his views against refugees.
I would have thought that the immense outcry and protests against a number of Howards policies and actions, including his stance on immigration would point to the general dissatisfaction felt against him. Howard also tends to fuck over the white population of Australia just as much as the non-white population. If the Australian public wasnt so fucking apathetic I doubt Howard would still be in power.

And yes, multiculturalism is very much a part of the Australian identity, the extraordinary mix of races, ethnicities, languages and cultures seen in this country bears testament to this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)