Australian Idol 2006 (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Dean is indeed crappy but it's down to 3 and

1) I can hear people with Jess's voice on the radio every 4 minutes.

2) Damien's music puts me to sleep (or at least, his voice does...)

so I guess we're left with some generic pop/rock thing from a decent looking guy with a husky-ish voice.

EDIT:

Song choices are uppppppppp!

Damien
Nessun Dorma - Opera song, Michael Bolton version
Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers

Dean
I'll Be - Edwin McCain
Waiting For The World To Change - John Mayer

Jessica
When You Believe - Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston
To Sir With Love - Lulu.

I wanna hear the Jm song performed but I don't think Dean can sing it like he means it if his form is like last week's. Don't recognise Damien's songs and Jess's are boooooring.

Last edited:

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Jessica: yep, the typical diva songs *yawn*

Damien: don't know the opera one, but it should be good to hear him sing Unchained Melody

Dean: I think he'd do a good job with Edwin McCain, but I dont know if he could do John Mayer justice. We'll have to see.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
I hope Dean goes on monday. I cant wait to hear Damien's Unchained Meledy. I love When you Believe, so i cant wait to hear Jess sing it :D

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I bet Marcia chose Nessun Dorma for Damien. By that i mean trust her to pick something strange. Heres a vid of Michael Bolton performing it. I hope Damien can pull it off and not make it boring. I dont think this is exactly goosebumps material, although unchained melody should be awesome.

Arg.. i just found a vid of the Edwin McCain song and i seriously think Dean will ruin it. I havent heard it before, but i doubt that he can do it well.

Guess we'll find out.

*hopeful*

HSC
jess will do a good job on whitney n mariah, dunno bout the lulu song
damien will probably touchdown with unchained melody, maybe even the opera
dean, yeah he wont be anything special

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
lisa mitchell was the best. i don't give a f*ck about singing ability she was just .. :eek:

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
haha this is insane. first i pick Delta Blues to win the Mlebourne Cup, now Damien is singing unchained melody. I have been telling me dad that i wish he would sing this song for weeks!!

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
actually you probably would have backed any horse with a name like 'delta' :p although i must say quite a good pick!

therefore you only hit one for one with damien singing unchained melody :D

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
lol fine. You're right. i had no idea that Delta Blues would win the race. I just bet on it because i liked the name. OKAY?!

But this correct song choice isnt the only thing that i have predicted.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
So far (only Dean's last song to go), I'm converted to a Jess-Damien final but when it comes to releasing a CD, I wanna hear Dean > Damien.

Edit: Ok, Jess - Dean final now for me, please :p

Last edited:

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Marcia's tribute to Belinda Emmett was so sweet and sad :(

Round One

Damien- OMG *touchdown* He alwayz leaves me lost of words, he is so friggin amazing. I would so buy his album. (Kyle is a loser, i cant stand him no more) SAVE DAMIEN!!

Jess- OMG i love this song :D Jess looks gorgeous. Wow, even she did great. I love her voice too, i will also so buy her album.

Dean- pretty good, good to have him back :D Kah! tomorrow night is going to be tough. I love that sign "I Dream of a Deanie" :p

Round Two- i didnt know they got to choose their own songs :D

Damien- Love this song :D Beautiful once again. But what else can we expect from him.

Jess- school girl crush on her teacher :p Pretty good performance. I liked. She looked beautiful once again. James is so bland, but so funny

Dean- i know this song :p, i love this song :D Dean was really good. Ahhh...tomorrow is going to be really tough *touchdown*

SimonCrean

not actually simon crean
HSC
N/A
Dean really cannot sing. I hate all stupid teen girls. Superficial little spoilt twits.

I just LOVE how kyle has a crack at him every week. Unfortunately for the idiot teen herd like girls in the audiance it goes right over small minds.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I agree with Kyle on Unchained Melody. Yeah, you've got a falsetto. We get it. Do something interesting for God's sake, though.

First song by Damien was truly awesome but just not that I'd wanna hear it again on radio/CD/mp3 cos that stuff bores me.

Dean was surprisingly decent on John Mayer's track but his voice sounded really grating after about 1 minute though.

SimonCrean

not actually simon crean
HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
Dean was surprisingly decent on John Mayer's track but his voice sounded really grating and afterabout 1 minute though.
It's because the guy can't sing.

HSC
Jess: I thought the first round was pretty good...when I saw it in the replay I liked it more than the actual performance, but it was the same as every other week. I loved the second performance though...don't ask me why :embarassed:

Damien: First performance was crazy good. I was a bit disappointed with the second - I thought he should have just completely killed that song. It was still better than anything the others did tho

Dean: First performance was crap, second performance I really liked. It wasn't a touchdown though...

I hope for a Jess/Damien final, and a Jess win. If Damien has to sing a lame idol ballad he will make it _really_ lame. And the person who comes second always does better...except for last year....whatever happened to Emily?? :(

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Jessica- both songs were kind of meh for me. I thought she'd do much better with the Mariah/Whitney one.

Damien- loved his performance of Nessun dorma but I'm with Sarah. It's not a song I'd wanna listen to again. Unchained Melody was okay, but nothing spectacular.

Dean- first performance was okay, although I thought the song was lame. It was too repetitive. Second performance was much better, although I wouldn't have given it a touchdown.

And to finish off this post, I want a Damien-Dean finale!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
SimonCrean said:
It's because the guy can't sing.
Can't you comprehend the idea that you don't need to have a 5 octave range to be considered a good singer? You don't have to be able to sing so high, only dogs can hear you, in order to be good.

kate_is_me said:
Unchained Melody was okay, but nothing spectacular.

Dean- first performance was okay, although I thought the song was lame. It was too repetitive. Second performance was much better, although I wouldn't have given it a touchdown.
My God, Damien's Unchained Melody was piss weak as Kyle said. He added nothing at all to it. But he said that all his effort went into that other song so hmmm..

Listen to John Mayer sing "Waiting On the World to Change". It's really awesome. Dean passes the test cos of the song's awesomeness not cos of his voice or effort, really. John Mayer sings it like he means it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)