Australian Idol 2006 (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
if damien wins he could become an interesting and unique artist with some good music. if jess wins she'll be another just like every other female teen pop singer - nothing special. she won't go anywhere. for the simple fact that damien is different he should and probably will win.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i would love for Damien to win, i actually like the style of songs he sings, and would so buy his album, but with Jess, i agree, she is just like all the other singers out there, like JoJo and whoever, its not something new, and i probs wouldnt buy her album, just dl her songs :D the good ones at least :p

Damien 4 Idol :D

P.S BlackDragon, love the siggy :D

purplemonkey

HSC
Chubby said:
i dunno if this has been said but did u guys see on today tonight the other day the story about jess already having a recording contract and it was against the rules?!
She only recorded one song...its not against the rules coz she wasn't producing anything with them at the time of Idol...it was in the Herald a while back...

HSC
They still haven't put the songs d and j will be singing onto the website. :(

Im probably gunning for a Damien win, although I still say that if he's forced to create an entire CD in a week, it would be worse than Jess' effort.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I just got home from work so only heard Jessica's last song and Damien's version of the winner's single.

Just from that, I'd rather Jess win. Her version of Together Again was awesome. I love watching her perform. She looks like she's having soo much fun.

My God, Damien's consistent high pitched "niiiiiiiiggghhtt of my llllllllliiiiifeee" makes me wanna poke my eyes out...

EDIT: ok, just watched recap. I don't mind Damien's other performances. I can go either way...

Last edited:

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
My gosh, they were both heaps good. Yeh i also loved Jess's version of Together Again, i love that song, i cant believe i know the whole song by heart :O I love the Idol song :D Jess's version was really good, Damiens was pretty good as well :D

"Chubby"

HSC
i didn't really like the song....i don't think it suited anyone of them...but ill say i think jess had the better performance tonight.

IM STILL VOTING FOR DAMIEN THOUGH :) i think he deserves it more.

191010 Damien or 1902 55 55 62 LOL!

HSC
Jess: I thought her version of the single was better, I didn't like the second performance and I liked the third, although it wasn't that much of a great vocal.

Damien: He way overdid the falsetto for the single. I really liked the 2nd performance, the 1st was OK

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
OMG, i missed it, my stupid computer didnt tape it for me, noooooooooooooo

0Jade0

HSC
I love Damien but I don't want him to win.
Strange right.
I just don't want to listen to...or buy that first 'made in one week' album of ready made songs.

*hopeful*

HSC
that idol song is so shit
ew both versions

<3'd together again...i dunno...im goin 4 jess

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Personally, Jess only gave 1 good performance - the winner's single. Both of her other songs weren't that great. She picked the wrong song for the second performance. It didn't suit her. Her third performance was only slightly better. Overall 7.3/10

Damien's winner's single was out of tune. It was all over the place with the pitch. His best performance was his second performance. His first performace was also above average. He shouldn't have used an instrument for two of his performances as it distracted him from his vocal. Overall score: 8.2/10.

Damien should win.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Tonight's show was lacklustre and boring. I switched off just before Jess sang her last song, so I didn't get to hear Damien's version of the winner's single, and I honestly don't want too. That song was positively suck-tastic.

Dark Phoenix

HSC
this episode of Australian Idol was a little disappointing, i was expecting more out of both Jess and Damien, but i stil reckon Damien will win it. but what i realised was that Jess has not improved at all. i reckon she did a better performance durin the episodes of the top 12. whereas for Damien he is the opposite to Jess. he dramatically improves and what did he get, like 5 touchdowns or somethin. now im voting him for those performances. GO DAMIEN!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Dark Phoenix said:
this episode of Australian Idol was a little disappointing, i was expecting more out of both Jess and Damien, but i stil reckon Damien will win it. but what i realised was that Jess has not improved at all. i reckon she did a better performance durin the episodes of the top 12. whereas for Damien he is the opposite to Jess. he dramatically improves and what did he get, like 5 touchdowns or somethin. now im voting him for those performances. GO DAMIEN!
yes I agree with you. Jess is just not improving since her first touch-down performance with the Christina song. She is still pitchy and can't sing well on her lower register.

Damien is improving each week but should have done better in the final. I was rooting for Jess until half way through the show. Now I am hoping Damien to win.

Oh well. At least American Idol Season 6 is coming! Should be expecting better singers from America.

*hopeful*

HSC
Musk said:
i bet u the 1/2 abbo will win bcoz of wat she is
umm no, i wouldnt vote for her based on that....besides she looks indianish imo

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
ooohhh, and it's on right before Brainiest Idol. Are they just doing Idols from this year, all from any of the previous years as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)