Australian National University (1 Viewer)

pri

HSC
N/A
hey , Is anybody interested in going here? or any 2002 ppl gone? I wanna know if they found it good or not, coz canberra is a big move for me so I wanna know if its worth the trouble.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah my tutor told me that canberra uni is one of the bests in australia. he said that the quailifications of that uni r equal to sydney's... but i dont know... i really dont believe him though.

yeah canberra is a big move, but hey, you'll meet new ppl and become independant.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
ANU is oz top uni esp for all law and those type of degrees because of its proximity and influence from canberra. Its very highly regarded.

Last edited:

pri

HSC
N/A
hmm Im going to be doing psychology, through this new course their offering bachelor of philosophy honours, (provided I get in), the law mark is relatively low compared to sydney..

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Originally posted by pri
hmm Im going to be doing psychology, through this new course their offering bachelor of philosophy honours, (provided I get in), the law mark is relatively low compared to sydney..
just because cuttoffs are lower it doesnt mean its not a better course. its prolly due to it being in canberra and not in syd. i dont think a philosophy degree is worth it unless its combined with something like law.

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Hi,
I done the HSC and got a UAI of 90 - I moved to Canberra and I must say Canberra is like a big country town. I decided to go to University of Canberra - not ANU. I am doing Commerce/Economics at UC.

UC is like UTS - it has an emphasis on practical courses.

ANU is more a research institution.

The advantage of going to uni in Canberra is class sizes , e.g. only 400/ 450 in commerce at UC - whereas sydney unis are tonnes bigger. I think UC's population is 10,000.

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Oh also.... In regards to UAIs - the main reason they are a lot lower than Sydney is simple - there is TONNES less kids in ACT - only a few thousand graduate yr 12 here every yr compared with thousands more in NSW.

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by routemarker

just because cuttoffs are lower it doesnt mean its not a better course. its prolly due to it being in canberra and not in syd. i dont think a philosophy degree is worth it unless its combined with something like law.
no no this aint philosophy, its a special course that needs 99 to get in, and then you pick a major, so its not really philosophy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)