Australian Politics (2 Viewers)

Lentern

HSC
Just a small claim to fame, a few months ago I saw a political animation sketch on youtube which was really good. I looked at what else he made and he was really a talent.

I sent him a message asking if he knew about Qanda, suggesting he enter one of his works in the Mashup thing because in my opinion they were much better than most of what I'd seen on thus far.

He said he had not heard of Qanda but would look into it and would be really happy if he was able to get one of his animations broadcast on the ABC. I'm fairly sure tonights was made by this bloke.
Got a reply from him and indeed it was him. Watching over some of his works reckon he'd have something to rival rubbery figures if
a) he got a better voice man-I think he does it himself
b) he learns to write dialogue better

If anyones interested this is his page YouTube - poltoons's Channel.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
lol, i thought you may be older than what your HSC year states. your vast knowledge of Australian politics goes further back than your years. kudos to you.

Lentern

HSC
lol, i thought you may be older than what your HSC year states. your vast knowledge of Australian politics goes further back than your years. kudos to you.
I'm seventeen, I don't really know why my interest in politics is so strong. My dad is pretty politically interested but not to the same extent I am. I tend to think my interest in the politics of the post Menzies era came about when my year six teacher taught us Paul Kelly/Kev Carmody 'from little things big things grow." And we looked abit into the whole affair. On a rockwhiz tangent the first albulm I ever bought was Paul Kelly's songs from the south because I wanted from little things big things grow.

HSC
I like George Brandis. He's a little pug doggish, and not particularly charismatic. But he's very well spoken and he always sounds convinced by what he is saying.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I like George Brandis. He's a little pug doggish, and not particularly charismatic. But he's very well spoken and he always sounds convinced by what he is saying.
Ur just a
sucker
for conservative legal-eagle anglophiles:eek:

tutor2141

HSC
N/A
John Hewson berates Peter Costello

You missed your chance, Peter | smh.com.au

SMH said:
Costello's ongoing shenanigans are continuing to damage the Liberal Party, writes John Hewson.
SMH said:
PETER. Enough is enough. If your few remaining mates won't tell you, I will. You've had a fair go. If you now won't give others a chance and pull your weight as a member of the team, you should move on. It is most unlikely that you will ever be drafted as leader of the Liberal Party and even less likely that you will ever be prime minister.

Cheers:)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Haha,

You didn't have the balls to seize the moment then, leaving the leadership by default to John Howard. And you haven't had the balls, or the numbers, since. It's no use trying to argue that you had some sort of "secret" deal with Howard that he would move over for you after some "reasonable period". You know Howard was never in any position to deliver, even if he ever recognised that he had made such a "core" promise.

And all that nonsense that you went on with before the last election, claiming that Ian McLachlan had carried evidence of such a "deal" in his wallet for several years, is simply that: nonsense. It was just another example of your disloyalty to the party and of your willingness to destabilise in pursuit of your personal, unattainable ambition.

Lentern

HSC
Latham diaries much? I think Dr John would have made a fine prime minister but he was politically inept, he only had the numbers to lead the party because of Peacocks desperation to stop Howard getting it. Any wonder he lost the leadership the day Peacock endorsed Downer? He ran a stupid campaign against an unpopular government, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and now he thinks he thinks he's in a position to lecture Howard (he did last election) and Costello on lacking gumption. This is little more than a bitter old clodhopper trying to settle an old score, furious that Costello thwarted his snap leadership spill strategy in 1995.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The Dr had balls Lentern. Would anyone else run against a skilled, incumbent government on the platform of a tax today?
Crazy brave

Lentern

HSC
The Dr had balls Lentern. Would anyone else run against a skilled, incumbent government on the platform of a tax today?
Crazy brave
The good doctor along with Turnbull was probably the only liberal leader in the grand old parties history that I'd feel comfortable with being prime minister. But for all his bravado he was not a prudent politician and has no business lambasting people for going about it a different way to him. And just to get this out in the open I don't believe Hewson finished Hawke off. Hewson took a decisive lead in the polls initially, like Latham, like Hayden, like Downer and like Peacock II. Hawke was also in a bit of a slump because Keating was undermining him but had Hawke stayed on Hewson would have steadilly kept bumbling through the campaign like he did against Keating and lose by a similar margin, possibly a larger one as Keating was, is not nearly as well liked as Hawke.

Lentern

HSC
Go tell us about how ease the squeeze, ladder of opportunity and troops home by christmas were politically clever.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Go tell us why you insist on bringing Latham up constantly and what possible relevance he could have to anything anymore

edit: pls dont
(/waits for him to anyway)

Lentern

HSC
Go tell us why you insist on bringing Latham up constantly and what possible relevance he could have to anything anymore

edit: pls dont
(/waits for him to anyway)
Go tell us what generall characteristics you use to distinguish a good politician(as opposed to governor) from a bad one?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Go tell us what generall characteristics you use to distinguish a good politician(as opposed to governor) from a bad one?
Go tell us what
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGG

YOU WINDY, WINDY BASTARD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)