Australia's trade surpluses? (1 Viewer)

roli

HSC
Does anyone know why we have a series of recent trade surpluses? I would have thought what with all the drama occuring on the global economic stage that the demand for our mining and resources exports would diminish. So I'd like an explanation of what's causing our sustained trade surpluses, if one of you would be kind enough to oblige. :)

Also, would anyone know the exact month last year in which we had our first trade surplus for a very long time? I think it was around June, July, August, but I'm not sure, partly because of an inability to find definitive information and partly because i'm lazy. :(

thanks

nimssyk

Captn
HSC
well partly because figure take so long to be fianlised...their ussually for a quarter back...when the GFC wasnt as huge as it is now

thats what im thinking...coz i agree in relation to a decrease in demand

P.T.F.E

HSC
trade surplus during the global finacial crisis could be because of our dollar after the derpreciation from 98 cents to 66 cents, the demand for imports would decrease because of the price we have to pay for imports will increase. our exports will be cheaper and because china is a major buyer of our commoditites and their economy is still strong even though there will be a decline in exports it is still greater than imports.

that was just a rant hoped it helped, maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)