• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Austrian woman kept captive by dad, had 7 children [INCEST WARNING: Part II] (1 Viewer)

Shoubadoo

HSC
JaredR said:
The woman was clearly abused as a child, and so could suffer from Stockholm Syndrome as well as other psychological defects. Any normal person would have acted but living in a basment for 20 years would make you lose any sense of normality.
Exactly!

There have been cases where people even become attatched to their kidnappers, wanting no harm to fall upon them.
It's called Stockholm Syndrome, as JaredR said.
If the kidnapper shows occasional 'kindness', the kidnapee feels grateful for it, and so feels affection towards the kidnapper for this.

Some hostages, when out in the open, had chances to escape, and didn't take them, partly because of fear, obviously, of their captor and the open, partly because of Stockholms Syndrome.

I saw Natascha Kampusch giving an interview on tv. Many speculated she had Stockholms, but she denied it. The poor girl had so many people hassling her for information after her escape. Now she does charity work for women who have been through the same horrors she faced.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Shoubadoo said:
Exactly!

There have been cases where people even become attatched to their kidnappers, wanting no harm to fall upon them.
It's called Stockholm Syndrome, as JaredR said.
If the kidnapper shows occasional 'kindness', the kidnapee feels grateful for it, and so feels affection towards the kidnapper for this.

Some hostages, when out in the open, had chances to escape, and didn't take them, partly because of fear, obviously, of their captor and the open, partly because of Stockholms Syndrome.

I saw Natascha Kampusch giving an interview on tv. Many speculated she had Stockholms, but she denied it. The poor girl had so many people hassling her for information after her escape. Now she does charity work for women who have been through the same horrors she faced.
If she had stockholm syndrome, when she went to Hospital why did she told the doctors about the whole story (her father kept her locked up 24 years, had 7 kids and etc)? Wouldn't she acted like every thing's normal? :confused:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
how can you have sex with your daughter? someone explain. she wasn't even mildly attractive.
oooOOOoooh, you're all orange and pretty now! How nice ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)