• auto. im a female

Votes: 21 14.8%
  • manual. im a female

Votes: 22 15.5%

• Total voters

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
The family car is an auto. So it's auto for me. But I have driven a manual (Ford Econovan. Bagospanners gear box, inconsistent clutch take up point) so I wasn't anywhere near entertaining as I imagine a manual 325i would be, or any other manual passenger car.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
we have four cars. 2 autos, 2 manuals. i can drive all of them. im on my greens, so im licenced to drive all as well.

mishka

HSC
N/A
I drive a manual (got my red P's in one). I have extremely limited experience in an auto and don't feel as safe for some reason.. I agree that in traffic a manual can be a bitch (sometimes I'm really not in the mood to be going from 1st-2nd and back again) but I usually enjoy driving my car. :)

In a way, it is an auto because I never have to think about when to change gears anyway.

HSC
manual.

i've been on my Ps for a while, i think ive only driven an auto car once before. but yeah i used a manual car the whole time i had my Ls as well.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
mishka said:
I drive a manual (got my red P's in one). I have extremely limited experience in an auto and don't feel as safe for some reason.. I agree that in traffic a manual can be a bitch (sometimes I'm really not in the mood to be going from 1st-2nd and back again) but I usually enjoy driving my car. :)

In a way, it is an auto because I never have to think about when to change gears anyway.
Haha! I'm getting to that stage, where its just "yeah whatever, change up change down..". I've never driven an auto though...ever

daman

HSC
woah. manual drivers out number auto drivers. dont you think that this could be biast though, because most of the people surfing these threads are into cars, revheads. therefore not a true sample of the population?

but still good thread

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
mishka said:

manual-->male
i hate when its at leiciester sq,strathfield...god its annoying its bad as Parra rd

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
daman said:
woah. manual drivers out number auto drivers. dont you think that this could be biast though, because most of the people surfing these threads are into cars, revheads. therefore not a true sample of the population?

but still good thread
Haha I'm inclined to agree with you there. Although I'm an auto driver because I was brought up that way (all our family's cars here are auto).

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
i spent my early teens playing around with my dad's truck, getting used to the clutch and all. it paid off, cos when i got my L's i was able to co-ordinate my feet, but i didnt have a car to pracise gear changing. lol i remember going to Lebanon straight after i got my Ls and my uncle let me drive his manual car (with him inside of course :)) i was looking at the gear stick when i had to change gears, like i didnt know where the gear stick had to go :p

but then again, i still didnt have a manual car over here, but when we did get one it took me about a week and i was driving good enough to do many stuff, but only recently have i mastered the art of double clutching and thrashing civics with a thrashed car.

had my handbrake actually stopped you from rolling down a hill, i might have mastered a few more skills.

sweetcherry

HSC
Uni Grad
Auto - female.

I'm on my L's and going for my P's in 3 weeks time :D
However, I can drive manual, but I want to perfect the art of driving before I try for my manual licence.

Right now, I don't trust my boyf's car. It hasn't been serviced properly for a while, and the gearbox's about shot.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
male manual ...
shame on u male autos ... shame ... *shakes head*

mishka

HSC
N/A
Reshie said:
manual-->male
i hate when its at leiciester sq,strathfield...god its annoying its bad as Parra rd
:uhhuh: Luckily I don't have to use that road often as I come from a different angle :p

I'm finding it strange that people comment on guys not driving manuals but not girls... why is this? Are males just "expected" to know how to drive them??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)