Auto Salon 2005 (1 Viewer)

Luke_D

HSC
Anyone going to the Final Battle on the 3rd or 4th of December to see all the rice burners? :) I actually like it. I just love the atmosphere in The Dome. I especially go for the car audio.

7th Sign

HSC
in short: NO

im on schoolies...and also because

and any way why would I want to go see ricers on 20s with candy paint, these cars are usually made from drug money and they usually suck..

Their will probly be about 40 vls their and 20 suziki swifts all on 20s looking riced up to the shit house..

Some of the girls might be ok..some of the audio might be ok...some of the give aways might be ok..

their might even be 1 or 2 ok cars...that look decent...

but overall paying 20 bucks or how ever much it is to see rice is a waste of money thanks...

I was some usa style auto shows down under...but basically theirs not a big demand/money supply for this 2 happen.

SlipStream

HSC
I wouldn't mind going there and as you walk past the especially ghey cars, pretend-whisper to your mate and make sure the owner is watching, then explode into hysterical laughter and be sure to point at various parts/limbs/eyesores attached to the car. ;)

FTHRW8

HSC
N/A
Its gone down the drain. I havent been to the last 3 shows even when I get free entry.

And to whoever said you'll laugh at the owners, just be careful who you head-fuck with, some of those guys, even if they themselves are twiggy little shits, have many a way of fucking you over much much harder.

Just be careful who you choose to laugh at, a good option is TeamDream, especially Dreemd which should be there with his Evo3 bottom end on a 4g93 , hahahaha.

SlipStream

HSC
FTHRW8 said:
Its gone down the drain. I havent been to the last 3 shows even when I get free entry.

And to whoever said you'll laugh at the owners, just be careful who you head-fuck with, some of those guys, even if they themselves are twiggy little shits, have many a way of fucking you over much much harder.

Just be careful who you choose to laugh at, a good option is TeamDream, especially Dreemd which should be there with his Evo3 bottom end on a 4g93 , hahahaha.
T'was a joke... under the same circumstances I wouldn't like people doing it to my car - of which I had pumped in thousands of dollars, and more importanly hundreds of hours. It's insulting, so I wouldn't really do it to them. A car is a representation of the owner; make fun of the car and you're insulting the owner and their ways.

FTHRW8

HSC
N/A
SlipStream said:
T'was a joke... under the same circumstances I wouldn't like people doing it to my car - of which I had pumped in thousands of dollars, and more importanly hundreds of hours. It's insulting, so I wouldn't really do it to them. A car is a representation of the owner; make fun of the car and you're insulting the owner and their ways.

Im glad you understand that, I get the shits when people call my car a boat or whatever. If you don't like it keep your mouth shut.

Not directed at you, but all I'm saying is, its easy to run your mouth off on the net call them riceboxes, whatever, but in real life, if you were to open your mouth, a lot of those guys aren't 'friendly characters'

Last show I went to I spent a couple of hours sitting by a mates display and saw the more 'excitable' owners get into verbal and nearly physical arguements with regards to their taste in modifcations.

Moral: Shhhhh

DaddyK: Why should it be banned because you, one individual do not like it? sure they may be others like you, but there are plenty of others who do like it, and trust me, [cabin] group fares very well from the revenue raised during these weekends. Again, if you don't like it, don't go??

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
DaddyK said:
autosalon? Talk about the biggest joke around. Why would i go and pay 20 bucks to see some little boy and his WRX with 100 grand spent on the interior? The event should be banned.
hahahahaha

i respect the fact some guys are passionate about their cars

this isnt meant to offend anyone, but i find it stupid to deck your car out with massive bodykits and interiors and still have all the standard factory drivetrain etc

yes, the cars look very nice...i must just be performance orientated, but seeing 20s on a car and then seeing some puny brakes makes me cringe (although i'll do it quietly now >.< :p)

getting into the nitty-gritty of cars and undertsnad what'll make them go faster and respond better, ride better, handle, brake, etc is so much more interesting and rewarding...and when mixed with the bodykits and interiors it makes the car so much more complete.

i guess i also prefer metalwork to fibreglass shaping, but times have changed and i spose it's the way it's going :eek:

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Becuase my opinion is seems to be a majority, not a minority. Last time i went was when i was about 12, that was about the time i realised, its just wrong. Sure i understand some people like that sort of show, a rice show. It's a discrace to the car modifying scene. Whats the point of putting 50 grand into a car and having the engine remain stock, it just makes no sense. And after all that, the cars look bloody terrible.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
DaddyK said:
Becuase my opinion is seems to be a majority, not a minority. Last time i went was when i was about 12, that was about the time i realised, its just wrong. Sure i understand some people like that sort of show, a rice show. It's a discrace to the car modifying scene. Whats the point of putting 50 grand into a car and having the engine remain stock, it just makes no sense. And after all that, the cars look bloody terrible.
you like street cars

one that stood out to me was that HJ (im guessing) ute in SM...nice stance in a 9 sec car, without a turbo in sight

but anyways...you cant call it a disgrace, because peoples opinions on whats hot and not are bound to be different, you gotta respect those guys out there who are good blokes and work hard to make their cars nice, be that because of a beaut paintjob and interior or an awesome street engine...

the ones i find annoying are the ones with rich daddies who have no idea

FTHRW8

HSC
N/A
You're a majority you say? Then why do so many people flock to each show if the majority hates it?

Trust me champ, there is a very large following behind the show series even if you and I both think they're not too much these days.

As for those pics you posted, SQZ ME, I've always loved that car from back in the day.

And the Osmans 2Dr, well, the Osman Brothers always build nice Wrx's. (And don't go pulling the MY01 Convertible on me, the build quality on that thing is awesome, when you get a chance to have a good look at the undercarraige, then criticise it.)

Like Braad said, respect other peoples tastes, its their money not yours, when you have the money, go build a car that you like instead of criticising others efforts.

Different strokes for different folk. Besides, if we all had the same tastes wouldn't that make for a boring world of modifications ;)

Ps. That Mirage is shit :D

Edit- In regards to your above post, not everyone wants a fast car which looks JDM y0'

What about lowriders, in SoCal they live by the motto of low n' slow. Some people do not care for how fast a car goes, they want somethign which pleases them, for some, that happens to be aesthetics. Who are you to challenge their taste?

SlipStream

HSC
Alright fellas, agree to disagree. This is an argument involving clashing opinions/tastes/ideologies, so it's not going to get anywhere. Cheers :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)