Automatic advanced standing - MQ to UNSW (1 Viewer)

fugi

HSC
hi i read somewhere on bos that some units were automatically granted advanced standing.

im transfering from mq law to unsw law and ive done:

• law114 - jurispudence
  • law115 - foundations of law
  • econ110 - principles of macroeconomics
  • econ111 - principles of microeconomics
  • accg105 - introductory fin. accounting
  • stat170 - introductory statistics
  • econ141 - introductory econometrics
  • acst101 - techniques and elements of finance
will i receive be granted automatic adv standing for any of these subjects?

and if i am does this mean that there is no need for me to obtain a transcript and fill in that adv standing form?

if anyone could shed any light on this, id be much appreciated.

ta!

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
[Insert picture with the star trek dude with his hand on his face thinking]

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

No seriously, check with student central to help sort out credit transfers. Theres a form you might have to fill out to do this.

https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/StudentCentralKensington.html

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
hi i read somewhere on bos that some units were automatically granted advanced standing.

im transfering from mq law to unsw law and ive done:

• law114 - jurispudence
  • law115 - foundations of law
  • econ110 - principles of macroeconomics
  • econ111 - principles of microeconomics
  • accg105 - introductory fin. accounting
  • stat170 - introductory statistics
  • econ141 - introductory econometrics
  • acst101 - techniques and elements of finance
will i receive be granted automatic adv standing for any of these subjects?

and if i am does this mean that there is no need for me to obtain a transcript and fill in that adv standing form?

if anyone could shed any light on this, id be much appreciated.

ta!
Hey Fugi,

You'll need to head on into UNSW Student Central. It's right next to the Library Courtyard. I'm in a similar situation as you, I'm transferring from USYD to UNSW Combined Law. I went in today after accepting my offer and had to fill out a Credit Transfer Form. I handed it in after walking between faculties and apparently it takes from 3-5 days to get it processed. Best if you go in first thing tomorrow, as the earlier you get your units of study recognised, the earlier you can finish enrolling. By the way, just a heads up, enrol in Foundations now, lots of space.

Hope to see you this year :)

fugi

HSC
Thanks darkwolfzx for ur link! lols and that face is pretty cool.

I just rang up and got transferred about three times. but for anyone else who has this similar query, the answer is no. There is such a thing as automatic adv standing but its after you fill in the form and then they see ur units and give it to you.

ah thats so cool TehAzner! why are u transfering from usyd to unsw tho? isnt usyd better at laws? and yup ive enrolled in foundations already, but hopefulli ill have to un-enrol because ill get credit for hte foundations ive done at mac already ><
thanks for your helpful info =]

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
I should've been more specific, transferring from B.Com/B.Arts @ USYD to B.Com/B.Law @ UNSW. I just want the credit transfers to be done already!!! Management Accounting A is running out of places really quickly :(

Btw, which lecture/tute you in for Foundations?

fugi

HSC
oh i was confused for enrolling in classes for foundations cos there were three options and i was lke..?????

anywais i cant get into the myUNSW site atm for some reason but from memory i enrolled in option 1..on the lecture on mon and thurs and a tute on thurs.

and also contracts1, criminal 1 and public law. are you enrolled in these as well? =)=)

okok question!

on the application for adv standing sheet..
it says that u have to fill out the 'Equivalent UNSW Course'

how are we supposed to know what the equilivant is...

isnt that why im filling out the adv standing form in the first place so they can tell me what i can get credit for?? or do i have to ring up the law and commerce appartments and find out for each of my courses indvidually...=(

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
You can ring them up and make them do the hard work for you, or you can look around the unsw handbook for similar courses that you've completed

fugi

HSC
Ok thanks darkwolfzx.

I'll probably try ringing up again on monday. I couldnt get thru when i tried about 20minutes ago.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Ok thanks darkwolfzx.

I'll probably try ringing up again on monday. I couldnt get thru when i tried about 20minutes ago.

Well the one I got was a yellow coloured sheet and had 5 gaps. For me the equivalent courses were to be filled out by the relevant faculty as told by the Student Admin worker (i.e. Business school), but...they (2 Australian School of Business personnel) told me not to get it filled out. Went back to Student Admin after going to Australian School of Business who then told me it needed to be filled in. I then told them what was explained to me by the Australian School of Business, and the Student Admin worker (who I might add was getting quite annoyed by what I was being told and what I needed to do) said that it'd take longer than 3-5 working days.

Confusing much?

Um... basically I then called them up this arvo and they told me not filling in the office use page was alright because apparently USYD courses and UNSW courses are very similar and they would get transferred quite quickly. If I don't hear anything back from then by 6th Feb, they told me to ring them up again... man credit transfers are annoying me now...Perhaps it's a similar story for Macq uni and UNSW, fingers crossed.

So yeah Fugi, best if you go in person, the form that you have sounds a bit dodge. Go tomorrow!! So much exercise today, and such hot weather... :(

Btw I'm enrolled on the same days as you :p

fugi

HSC
Well the one I got was a yellow coloured sheet and had 5 gaps. For me the equivalent courses were to be filled out by the relevant faculty as told by the Student Admin worker (i.e. Business school), but...they (2 Australian School of Business personnel) told me not to get it filled out. Went back to Student Admin after going to Australian School of Business who then told me it needed to be filled in. I then told them what was explained to me by the Australian School of Business, and the Student Admin worker (who I might add was getting quite annoyed by what I was being told and what I needed to do) said that it'd take longer than 3-5 working days.

Confusing much?

Um... basically I then called them up this arvo and they told me not filling in the office use page was alright because apparently USYD courses and UNSW courses are very similar and they would get transferred quite quickly. If I don't hear anything back from then by 6th Feb, they told me to ring them up again... man credit transfers are annoying me now...Perhaps it's a similar story for Macq uni and UNSW, fingers crossed.

So yeah Fugi, best if you go in person, the form that you have sounds a bit dodge. Go tomorrow!! So much exercise today, and such hot weather... :(

Btw I'm enrolled on the same days as you :p
ooh mines just the pdf file that i printed off the net lols. ima gna go head into unsw on tues and hand in the personal data form that they sent, and the adv standing sheet too. lols i hope its not as confusing for me as it was for you >__<

awesome! =] are you in the same stream as me for foundations too?

LAWS1001Criminal Law 1LEC3480Mon 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm (1-5,6-12)Thu 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm (1-5,6-12)
LAWS1071Contracts 1LEC3499Thu 9:00 am - 11:00 am (1-5,6-12)
LAWS2140Public LawLEC3517Mon 9:00 am - 11:00 am (1-5,6-12)
LAWS1052Foundations of LawLEC5375Mon 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm (1-5,6-12)Thu 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm (1-5,6-12)
TUT5391Thu 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm (1-5,6-12)

thats my timetable so far i think.. like these were the ones I was able to enrol in despite not handing in my adv standing form yet because these units had no prereqs

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

No seriously, check with student central to help sort out credit transfers. Theres a form you might have to fill out to do this.

https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/StudentCentralKensington.html
lol awesome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)