automotive design (1 Viewer)

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
what degree would you do if you want to go into automotive design or r&d?

shannonm

HSC
N/A
mech or manufacturing ?
depends on what kind of company you want to work for; an industrial apprenticeship or tafe cert (auto mech tech) might be better

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
sorry, tafe is definately not an option. I was thinking maybe a mech engineering degree then going to europe to do a post grad automotive design course?

esther

HSC
theres no set course for at uni for automotive design i dont think...
however, if you do mech engineering at usyd, you get a chance to join the usyd fsae team where we design and manufacture a car and at the end of the yr, we race it against other unis from aus and other countries around the world. if you want to have a look go to http://www.aeromech.usyd.edu.au/sae

same for unsw aswell i think but im at usyd so~ hehe

Last edited:

Tuna

HSC
N/A
UTS you get to manufacture and design your own car. Plus you get to compete that car!

Into F1? LOL Those people are the best of their fields, you can't have a degree. Yes I mean a degree to get into F1 without any experience. You are dreaming.

Did you know that the Hyrbrid Honda was in Research at the beginning of 1995? It took more than 8 years to get it into the Market! Moreover, the head director of the Hybrid Program is now in F1. If you didn't know that, I guess you're into cars because of the G.L.A.M.O.U.R.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)