avi file corrupt? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
i have this avi file that i was trying to watch, but when i play it using windows media player or any other avi supported player (real player and powerdvd), i cant hear or see anything. media player doesn't say that the file is corrupt, so i'm confused.. no audio or visual! any ideas?!

i have installed the latest windows media player codecs package, so im really confused about this! any ideas?! please do help?!

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
after installing this k-lite codec package, it still doesnt work!.. any other ideas?!

thanks in advance

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
fantasy27 said:
after installing this k-lite codec package, it still doesnt work!.. any other ideas?!

thanks in advance
Did you try downloading the Full pack?

sunny

meh.
HSC
See if this can identify the codec. But if you get neither sound nor video its unlikely to be a codec problem.

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
Murf said:
if the codec wasent recognised wouldent it say that it can not be played, yet fantasy27 is saying that it is saying the file is corrupted? the file / movie you have may just not work, no matter what codec?

murf
i said that the weird thing about this is that the media player or any player for that matter DOESNT say that it is corrupt, that is why im confused

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
sunny said:
How big is the file?
350mb.. i tried changing the extension ... to mpg, and wmv and it still doesnt work.. should i try to convert it into something else? dvd? my computer isnt slow or anything, so i'd be willing to try.. any suggestions?

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
Murf said:
only klite codec pack, thats allready been mentioned, ive never found a file that can not be played with klite pack...

murf
do i have to make any configurations with k-lite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)