.avi files (1 Viewer)

andy jay

what is the best program to convert .avi files to vcd? Also, what is the best program to convert DVD decryption files (.vob) to .avi?

cheers

Soliah

I'm guessing it's a implied feeling from Winston. Inquiring about decrypting DVD vobs to avis is generally associated with warezing. I can see in all honesty that when i read what was asked i immediately thought of warezing. :(

But I do agree with you that it is a legitimate question and in no way, (if taken literally and not reading between the lines) related to warezing.

Edit: You edited your post :(
Edit #2: Rather, Winston edited your post... :confused:

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
Sorry about that, i think it's not my day today, i totally mis-read the posts, thanks for point that out yoshi, and sorry andy jay, i think the HSC is finally hitting me lol

Threads merged and re-opened

Winston

HSC
if you want to burn the avi directly into VCD format

Nero Express can do the job, i've used it before, works very well just drag and drop and let it do all the encoding and burning...

http://www.nero.com/us/index.html

try the demo version

yoshi

No worries Winston, I just don't like suppression of useful info. I do agree that blatanly illegal things should not be allowed.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by yoshi
No worries Winston, I just don't like suppression of useful info. I do agree that blatanly illegal things should not be allowed.
yeah true, but i doubt i can help out for now, i really need to get studying or else my HSC is screwed.

andy jay

cheers people, and no worriies Winston, maybe i should pay more attention to my HSC aswell :)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by andy jay
cheers people, and no worriies Winston, maybe i should pay more attention to my HSC aswell :)
Yeah u guys do that so i can have a break too lol...

But i so assume some of those Year 11's gonna post like crazy while i'm away

fatmuscle

HSC
yeah, doom9.org has a few tools that help.

it's not completely illegal... it's well, educational!~

you might want to record a small snipet from some movie in high quality for your IPT majorwork?

snow bum

Banned
The process isn't illegal but it is usually illegal to copy whatever material you're copying because they are Hollywood movies or the like.

Check out DVD-Digest and DivX-Digest here:

http://www.digital-digest.com

I use Gordian Knot to convert vob to avi, and Tmpgenc to convert avi to mpg1 (VCD). (available on the download sections in the above link)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Jeo
did he even say anything about burning movies
It's just a very standard thought, so don't worry, most computing users who revolves in the Warez scene would be automatically inclined to link the keywords "AVI", "DVD" "Convert" into the category of warez lol...

yoshi

Originally posted by Jeo
did he even say anything about burning movies
It worries me when someone's sig is 14 times bigger than the content of his post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)