Awaiting late round offer - Help with main round offer enrolment. (1 Viewer)

xJaix

HSC
I didn't get the offer for my preferences since the uai cut off jumped to 87 and i received just below 80 and didn't get in. So I ended up with a offer from UWS which I have accepted however I am awaiting the late round offer for a Macquarie degree. Does that mean that I do not need to enrol into UWS since i'm waiting for the late round offer?

The reason why i'm asking is because enrolment day for UWS is the 4th of February and late round offers come out at 9 pm that evening and I can't seem to find any other enrolment dates for UWS other than the 4th of Feb even though I have to wait until that evening for the late round offer.

I know the late enrolment date for Macquarie is the 9th of Feb but for UWS I can't find any information, hence i'm paranoid! Just incase I don't get the late round offer from macquarie and I just missed the enrolment for UWS then i'd be screwed!

Any help is much appreciated! thanks!

~Fire Jade~

HSC
So you accepted the offer to UWS online? I guess that means you already *have* accepted the main round offer...but for some unis (eg Usyd) enrolment= definite acceptance of offer...
As the times are a bit tight, enrol for UWS first...so you don't miss out and wait for the late round offer, kay?
Does this sorta help?

xJaix

HSC
So you accepted the offer to UWS online? I guess that means you already *have* accepted the main round offer...but for some unis (eg Usyd) enrolment= definite acceptance of offer...
As the times are a bit tight, enrol for UWS first...so you don't miss out and wait for the late round offer, kay?
Does this sorta help?
I have accepted since people have said you should accept just incase you don't receive a late round offer. But isn't enrolment day the 4th of February so that you go there and fill out the documents and then take a picture for your id? *confused*

Enrolment days are clearly indicated for Macquarie so i'm okay with that it's just UWS that i'm worried about.

Macquarie University

I would hate to wait until the 4th of February at 9 pm when I find out I didn't get an offer and I have just missed the ONLY (unless someone can help find the dates for it, which would be much appreciated) enrolment day for UWS and I now have no where to turn.

Last edited:

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Okie, don't take my word for this. Go to the enrolment day, fill out forms, get a student id card....but if you've found out that you've made it into Macquarie....Cancel your enrolment at UWS and head straight to Macquarie for enrolment. It's like transferring high schools - just a bit more complicated....>_< Though, there might be some costs such as not being able to get back refunds....but hey, I'm not an expert....so yet again, don't take my word for it!
Call up UAC and Macquarie Uni to find better advice there. They'll definitely give you the right advice (for UAC you can make an online enquiry form! ^^).

BigDk

HSC
bloody hell, read the UAC handbook its all there in the first page. in FAQ's

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Hey, yet again...
UAC- online enquiry form
Macquarie uni-
Current and prospective domestic student enquiries
Phone :+61 2 9850 6410
email: sesinfo@mq.edu.au

Undergraduate Enquiries
Phone :+61 2 9850 7314
email: ugsinfo@mq.edu.au

I don't think you should really ask UWS these kinda qns, they might get offended.... Hahaha...
Oh email your qns as soon as possible....you actually might get a really quick response!

xJaix

HSC
There's no enrolment day for UWS only online :)
Haha, yes. I just realised that. That's why I'm asking! I think the only thing I haven't done is logged into MySR to be completely enrolled but i've seemed to have created an account which has made me panic since I don't want the hassle of having to close it down later on. So I know I shouldn't accept the MySR since that'll mean i'm enrolled!

Thanks for the help - i've read the UAC faq but that didn't help me since UWS enrollment is online and how far am I supposed to go to 'accept' and yet not 'enrol'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)