B Accounting at UTS (1 Viewer)

crazy_paki123

HSC
I just wanted to discuss the course as in is it really competitive, is it easy to get in etc, cause im seriously considering it. i understand you have to have good communication and leadership skills along with a decent ATAR. just wondering what ATAR would be adequate to get in?? Thanks

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
Having a 95 ATAR isn't essential but it's viewed as 'desirable'. Looks like you'll also need to have a few extracurriculars.
Yearly intakes seem to be 25-35.

http://www.business.uts.edu.au/bofacc/application/selection.html

Selection Criteria
Entry to the Bachelor of Accounting is very competitive and is not based on ATAR score alone. Selection criteria are as follows:

1. A genuine and informed interest in an accounting-based career
2. Personal attributes needed to succeed both as a student and in a business career - communication skills, inter-personal skills, team-working skills, problem-solving skills, enthusiasm and dedication
3. Involvement and achievement in a range of activities and interests
4. Demonstrated leadership qualities or potential
5. Academic ability (desirable ATAR: 95*).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I have known quite a few people in the program over the years and am quite involved with understanding what goes on... it's a pretty full on program. Not just from a getting in perspective but the amount of work expected from you (e.g. overloading in uni + working) is a lot more intense than say the UNSW accounting coop program. It's well recognised though and the industry players know that it's top notch.

crazy_paki123

HSC
could i still get in with an atar of say 90?? nd other stuff aswell, like for eg, i was part of cricket team that made the finals (four grand finals) 6 years straight?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
could i still get in with an atar of say 90?? nd other stuff aswell, like for eg, i was part of cricket team that made the finals (four grand finals) 6 years straight?
I think low 90's would be fine. You just have to show how those extra curricular activities apply to the business world don't you? Eg that cricket team helped your teamwork skills etc. I'm not 100% sure, some please confirm this.

crazy_paki123

HSC
yes that will help me cause its good social and communication skills, plus i was also the leading bowler and captain so thats leadership, I just need a good ATAR lol. and im pretty sure UTS only offers 5 bonus points max, can u confirm please. (i no that u dont get bonus points for BAcc, but u do for business and thats my alternative)

HSC
I applied for it as well..........hope they let me in for interview at least.....

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
yes that will help me cause its good social and communication skills, plus i was also the leading bowler and captain so thats leadership, I just need a good ATAR lol. and im pretty sure UTS only offers 5 bonus points max, can u confirm please. (i no that u dont get bonus points for BAcc, but u do for business and thats my alternative)
Yeah they offer upto 5 bonus points max for the normal business course.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Keep in mind that the BAcc program is actually challenging from an academic point of view given the expected workload compared to other coop scholarship programs. You are expected to overload and study out of session (i.e. you start during your breaks rather than semester) to enable you to finish the BAcc program in 3 years even with a few industrial training placements of 6 months.

In other words, when you're applying for this, you'd want to be convincing your interviewers that even with a low ATAR expectation you're still able to meet the academic requirements of the program and not flunk out.

manscux

HSC
Havent they already had the interviews for this scholarship... i gave mine in like in June and i got an offer... was that like early offer or something??

crazy_paki123

HSC
yes that was an early offer, I only found out about the program in September so yeah, they have 2 rounds. And if you dont mind me askin what did they ask in the interview? :)

manscux

HSC
They asked general questions like what are your strengths and what are your weaknesses....
describe different situations where you have to apply
- leadership skills
- negotiation skills

what is accounting
what is happening currently that will effect accountants

these types of questions

:)

hope this helps

crazy_paki123

HSC
ohh k u goin for UNSW ayee? could i get in with an ATAR of 90?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)