B. Adv Science and B Med Science (1 Viewer)

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
Hi just wondering the following questions for these options if I don't make it anywhere for MED:
1) What subjects are good to do in B. Adv Science and in B. Med science to have an upper hand if I am to do GAMSAT for Medicine?
2) Does it matter which UNI I do them in like Macquarie or UNSW, UWS or USYD?
3) What are the benefits of Adv science or Med Science?
4) I heard you can do majors in Adv science and that you can major in neuroscience? And now that I see what it is about it says it revolves around psychology- So is this the focus? Because I don't want to understand body movements of people and what this says about what they are thinking etc. And does this support GAMSAT as much?
My main target is Medicine through any way.

Really appreciated.

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
1.Well GAMSAT tests Chem Bio and Physiology/physics, so those are the types of subjects you should be doing...
2. No, UWS is probably 10x easier to do well in and maintain HD average, UNSW will make you do an honours year regardless of whether you want to or not
3. dunno
4. You can major in Neuroscience with Med Sci too, I don't believe it's focused around psychology but that would probably be one aspect of it...

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
1) at unsw adv sci, you have to do the adv subjects because you're expected to preform at that level

2) nao

3) subjective

4) yes there are a lot of major but you will have to look at the specific course

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
1.Well GAMSAT tests Chem Bio and Physiology/physics, so those are the types of subjects you should be doing...
2. No, UWS is probably 10x easier to do well in and maintain HD average, UNSW will make you do an honours year regardless of whether you want to or not
3. dunno
4. You can major in Neuroscience with Med Sci too, I don't believe it's focused around psychology but that would probably be one aspect of it...
Thanks 2666th^

1) at unsw adv sci, you have to do the adv subjects because you're expected to preform at that level

2) nao

3) subjective

4) yes there are a lot of major but you will have to look at the specific course
Cheers

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
3. dunno
Wait also good in macquarie- Advanced science or Med science?

ipikip

HSC
Hi just wondering the following questions for these options if I don't make it anywhere for MED:
1) What subjects are good to do in B. Adv Science and in B. Med science to have an upper hand if I am to do GAMSAT for Medicine?
2) Does it matter which UNI I do them in like Macquarie or UNSW, UWS or USYD?
3) What are the benefits of Adv science or Med Science?
4) I heard you can do majors in Adv science and that you can major in neuroscience? And now that I see what it is about it says it revolves around psychology- So is this the focus? Because I don't want to understand body movements of people and what this says about what they are thinking etc. And does this support GAMSAT as much?
My main target is Medicine through any way.

Really appreciated.
Hey mate.

1) I recommend doing advanced science. It's a more prestigious degree. You can tailor its content to be similar to what's in B. medical science.
2) It doesn't matter what uni you attend regarding entry into medicine. I'd choose UNSW or USYD.
3) Not sure.
4) I highly doubt neuroscience subjects focus mainly on psychology. More likely they focus on the cellular physiology of nervous systems. Anything physiology related supports preparation for the GAMSAT and future study in medicine. For the GAMSAT make sure you take first-year biology and chemistry subjects at university.

Source: med student.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)