B Applied Science (Exercise Sport Science) Queries (1 Viewer)

le.parkour

HSC
Hi, if i don't get a direct entry into B Physiotherapy, i'd choose to get into B Applied Science (Exercise Sport science). I was hoping if any BOSers that have or had experience with this course to help me out in really knowing what i'm choosing.
Is this course relatively hard and are there any prerequisites or any scares that i might experience along the way?
As i heard from a friend, this course in its first year is quite difficult and there needs a lot of attention to studies D:

Thanks for reading and answering to this post
xo

Last edited:

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
hey if you dont get into physio right away, i recommend the B health science, cause then you can go on to do the Masters of physio. you get a guaranteed placement in the masters if you maintain credit average.

search it in this sub forum there are loads of threads.

le.parkour

HSC
Yeah I've been thinking about that the whole day at the USYD info day. Not really interested in Health Science though, those subjects seem pretty boring ><
lol i much prefer to do EXSS ... just hope that i can get into Masters of Physio in the latter three years :)

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah i agree that some subjects in the BHS dont look that interesting, but i would much rather having the piece of mind that i have a guaranteed position.

And you do lots of interesting subjects too - in first year you do psychology and human bio + two of your own electives (which you can choose from any faculty), so thats 4/8 subjects in first year which are interesting. in second and third year you do loads of physio/EXSS subjects plus your electives(if you take movement science major, which you will need if you want to do physio), so thats 6/8 non-core health science subjects per year.

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
I'm putting this course as my first preference and I don't want to do Physio (for the moment).
I agree, I was put off the BHS because it appeared to be more flexibile (slightly vague?) and it obviously has to accomodate people who don't know what they want to do even if there is a guranateed Masters Entry.

The fact that you could study something from Arts was very very tempting, though, but I also didn't want to travel between Cumberland and Camperdown.

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Does anyone know when we chose electives?
I'm looking at a course structure (I certainly hope its the right one), and it says we pick 4 electives in Year 3 ?

hello-there

HSC
What is the cut off for the exercise and sport science course?
Also do you need to take some tests like the STAT/UMAT etc. to get into this course?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)