B architecture/B social science (1 Viewer)

berra

HSC
hey..
this is the course i wanna do at unsw. i've got some questions, and would appreciate any responses...

is anyone interested in it too?
is anyone currently studying it? are u happy with the uni and course? have you got any regrets?
it goes on for 6.5 years... is there any way at all to reduce this figure?

p.s.... do u guys know when we're notified about which of our preferences we made it into... and how do we find out???

thanxx in advance :)

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
exactly what i wanted to ask....whats architecture like at UNSW?
do you have lots of free time or is it a really stressful course? is it boring or is it fun?

elfm

HSC
berra said:
hey..
this is the course i wanna do at unsw. i've got some questions, and would appreciate any responses...

is anyone interested in it too?
is anyone currently studying it? are u happy with the uni and course? have you got any regrets?
it goes on for 6.5 years... is there any way at all to reduce this figure?

p.s.... do u guys know when we're notified about which of our preferences we made it into... and how do we find out???

thanxx in advance :)
i dont do architecture but i can give you some general unsw info.

i have a friend doing arch and he gets a LOT of assignments, or just some assignments that take ages to do! he often does all-nighters at uni to complete his assignments. though this may not be the case for you if you plan your time well.

the only real way to reduce your study time is to overload in units each semester.
i.e. each semester you're supposed to do 24 units, but you could overload it with 27 units.

Fri 6 December 2006 Early Round offers e-released
Wed 3 January 2007 Preliminary Round offers e-released
Wed 17 January 2007 Main Round offers e-released ***at 9pm***
Wed 31 January 2007 Late Round offers e-released ***at 9pm***
Wed 7 February 2007 Final Round offers e-released

go to the UAC website to find out if you got in or not. there should also be a newspaper publishing all the courses people got into.

Last edited:

seeka_train

HSC
I'm currently studying the B Architecture/B Arts degree at UNSW.

It's a pretty tough course in terms of workload, but it's fun because you end up spending so much time with your friends. Architecture is like a never-ending sleepover! You spend so much time at uni and at each others houses!

I've never spent a night at uni, but i've had a few nights with friends over at my house for all-nighters and they are some of the best nights i've had during the course.

B Arts (as would B Social Science) starts in 3rd year. You can cut down on the years by taking Summer/Winter courses or overloading as elfm said.

In regards to what xxPanDa asked about doing languages at uni, you can do B Arts and graduate with a Major in a language, or you can do it as electives.

I'm really enjoying my course so far so I would recommend this course if you are interested in it.

For any other questions, feel free to PM me =)

xxPanDa

HSC
seeka_train said:
I'm currently studying the B Architecture/B Arts degree at UNSW.

It's a pretty tough course in terms of workload, but it's fun because you end up spending so much time with your friends. Architecture is like a never-ending sleepover! You spend so much time at uni and at each others houses!

I've never spent a night at uni, but i've had a few nights with friends over at my house for all-nighters and they are some of the best nights i've had during the course.

B Arts (as would B Social Science) starts in 3rd year. You can cut down on the years by taking Summer/Winter courses or overloading as elfm said.

In regards to what xxPanDa asked about doing languages at uni, you can do B Arts and graduate with a Major in a language, or you can do it as electives.

I'm really enjoying my course so far so I would recommend this course if you are interested in it.

For any other questions, feel free to PM me =)
since B arts starts in 3rd yr...
would i be able to transfer to B arts?

cause i dunno how the work load is... if i wana stay uni for extra .5 yrs
i planing to just do b archi, then see if i can transfer on 3rd or 2nd yr

would it be hard to transfer??

can i ask how are u managing your UoCs, like which subjects/electives/major

and about the electives.. i thought that ur only alowed to choose FBE electives?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)