B Architecture...confused (1 Viewer)

yasmine2007

HSC
im currently in year 12 and i really like architecture but i dont think the subjects i am doing now will help me do subjects matter. im currently doing advance english, general maths, ipt, society and culture and visual arts, but i was looking in the uac guide and they say physics and 2 unit maths.. what would i do if i got into B architecture but i havent done 2 unit maths or physics????

yasmine2007

HSC
easy as that i thought it might be more difficult...has anyone done bridging course's?? if so can u give me some feed back :)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
i did a physics bridging course for engineering, was very basic and very helpful. i dont know aobut the maths bridging course

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
wrxsti said:
i did a physics bridging course for engineering, was very basic and very helpful. i dont know aobut the maths bridging course
maybe a bit delayed, but currently i'm first year architecture @ uts though. There is NO maths and physics involved at all yet. don't worry about the subjects so much, architecture is different to engineering. To be a great architect, it is design and context, not how much materials you've used. And whats more, if you can defy physics in architecture. ALOT of people i know haven't done 2u maths in school. Just get in and try is first, see if you like it. If anything arts and social is the way to go i think.

EDIT. OMG a whole bunch just went missing!! cbb to rewrite... meh if you need any more advice just shout at me. be glad to help lil wannabe architects. architects are soo cool! lol
oh i dun check bos much, so just email/msn if you are in real need of support.

Last edited:

wandless

HSC
I'm hoping to do Architecture too, except I'm doing General Maths, no physics and Social Science subjects. I've been told by Architecture students that the maths is pretty basic and only goes up to about a Year 10 standard.

Meistro

HSC
N/A
Uh, DO NOT STRESS...

I did general maths and didn't do physics.

I have had nooo problems.

If you can handle a simple equation you will be fine.

Good luck kiddies!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)