B Arts to a B teaching / B Arts - Humanities (1 Viewer)

williamc

HSC
Hello, my brother was wondering if it was possible to get into a B arts degree at say ACU, then after a certain amount of time pick up a B Teaching in humanities..

Reason is he doesn't think he will get a high enough ATAR to get straight into Ba/Bt.

44Ronin

HSC
Hello, my brother was wondering if it was possible to get into a B arts degree at say ACU, then after a certain amount of time pick up a B Teaching in humanities..
Yes it is possible. You'll need to get a good credit average.

But it would be better to just finish the B.A then do the B.Ed or even M.Ed.

All you will need to do is ask the Education Faculty what you need to complete in the B.A.

B.Teaching in humanities is just a double degree of B.A/B.Ed

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
yes it is there is lots of people doing this because they did not get into the BTBA , I think you could also do education as a minor and knock of some of your units in your B Teach

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
could just do a diploma in education - B.Arts + Dip.Ed = B.Arts + B.Ed @ UWA time-wise

Brontecat

HSC
44Ronin has the right idea

finish the bachelor of arts (if you're motivated enough to do well) then when you have ur bachelor and you receive a high enough GPA, you should be eligible to complete a Master of Education/Teaching which takes 18months - 2 years with a greater emphasis on internships and prac. work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)