• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

B Arts (1 Viewer)

scrump88@hotmai

I want to get into UTS next year doing the BA Communication (journalism) degree, however i dont think my marks will be quite 94.
Is there another way to get into this course does anybody know, i really want to get in or at least look at other ways of getting into it

pushthebutton

The UAI for all BA Communications are falling. A lot. So hopefully that's good news for you! Some things that you could do would be to:

1)Go to UTS Insearch and study for a year there to get a Diploma in Communications (I think that's what its called) and then transfer to a BA. You can google Insearch to find out more about it.
2)Get into a BA course with a lower UAI, such as Info Management or Soc Inquiry and then transfer. Some of my friends who are transferring this year are finding the process not too difficult - but then again, not all are able to transfer. BUT, the 2006-ers will be graded next year (at the moment we're ungraded in first year, its either pass/fail), so you might also need a good average in addition to a personal statement.
3)Go to TAFE or another uni, and then transfer after a semester/year? UTS is <i>apparently</i> pretty good with accepting credit points for previous study.

Good luck!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The person above summarized pretty well... maybe go to USyd/UNSW and do B Arts and transfer or do something like social inquiry or whatever and try and transfer.

But the only reason the UAI for journalism dropped last year was because they added heaps of extra places because demand for the course was so high, so I would be surprised if it dropped much at all this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)