B Bus and B Comp (1 Viewer)

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
look at the prospectus

hey...

if u look at prospectus/course outline...this course is mainly business....i mean core subjects are business....while there aint all that much computing as in BscIT....u get to choose ur majors/sub majors so its ur choice if u want to major in IT...btw im doing BscIT as id like only a **bit** of business in there!

|_wise_|

well i really want to do this course, but only decided after preferences couldn't be changed :'( i got uai just above what is neccesary in 2002 and submitted statement. spoke to student liasons officer and apparntly they dont do any 2nd round offers. but i think neways all of you should decide not to do it so they offer me a position. B SC IT is wayyyy better so all go do that :p..

(i currently have a place in B SC IT so if not i wil see you other ppls there)...

Last edited:

ToRnaDo

HSC
so there are only 4 subjects for first year of B Business B Computing ????
Autumn semester
21129 Managing People and Organisations 6cp
22107 Accounting for Business 6cp
31060 Information Systems Principles 6cp
31508 Programming Fundamentals 6cp

And there isnt any course outline for those subjects i mean .... the list of text books and everthing.....

i didnt go to enrolment ...so do u guys know what day is for english language testing?????/

HSC
yeah i think its on the 20th or something for the day time one...2-330pm? dont quote me on that tho

yumchaboy

guys...how many hours do u have listed in total for your timetable
me n mah friend added up the hours n we onli have 6 and a half...doesnt that seem a bit...odd??
Help???

HSC
i have no fricken idea about timetables
lol

like there were some we didnt enrol into lectures coz it was automatic and stuff...ive got no idea

ill just wait till the week b4 semester to figure it all out
:D

yumchaboy

but thats wierd, arent u at all curious bout how long we goin uni for?
check ur timetable add up the hours n tell me wah it is

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
I calculated 11 hourse per week... but Skip to My Lou and I were comparing ours and we have differenet times so Im guessing there may be more hours needed

11 hours seems a little too small for a combined degree

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well it depends which subjects your doing in Semester 1. Some people are doing Managing People and Organisations (which is only 2 hours, 1hr lec/1hr tut) while some are doing Economics for Business (which is 3 hours, 2hr lec, 1hr tut).

That would make the difference between 11 hours and 12 hours. The hours will be the same pretty much whether your doing a single or combined degree pretty much, since your still only doing 4 subjects per semester. You just have to remember that your course is 4 years, and not 3 years.

Be grateful you only have 11-12 hours. Some people have twice or even three times as many hours. You get more time to study, and you get time to go out and have fun and such :).

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by jase-REX
Well it depends which subjects your doing in Semester 1. Some people are doing Managing People and Organisations (which is only 2 hours, 1hr lec/1hr tut) while some are doing Economics for Business (which is 3 hours, 2hr lec, 1hr tut).

That would make the difference between 11 hours and 12 hours. The hours will be the same pretty much whether your doing a single or combined degree pretty much, since your still only doing 4 subjects per semester. You just have to remember that your course is 4 years, and not 3 years.

Be grateful you only have 11-12 hours. Some people have twice or even three times as many hours. You get more time to study, and you get time to go out and have fun and such :).
Yer I read the other thread about Information System Princibles about having to register the tut/lab in the lecture which total mine to 12 hours...

And yes, im NOT complaining!!! I'd rather have less so i can go out and party it up...

* Runs to pub

Tia

Syd Mem
HSC
N/A
I wasted sum marks to do this course. but mayb its low cause it's new and not a lot of people risked it as first preference.
it should be higher than B.Business.

But hey, at least we made it in huh?

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by Tia
I wasted sum marks to do this course. but mayb its low cause it's new and not a lot of people risked it as first preference.
it should be higher than B.Business.

But hey, at least we made it in huh?
What UAI did u get?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Just because the UAI is low doesn't mean its not a good course. You don't judge the quality of a course by its UAI, since most of the time, UAI depends on the quota. The course's UAI was lower than expected this year because they accepted a lot more students then they we're expecting to. This affected the UAI of the BBusiness degree as well, since some people who would have normally done that course chose to do BBus/BComp.

IronMike

HSC
N/A
but in a way, uai "can" be an indicator as to the quality of that course in that uni...

people wont goto a crap course in a crap uni.

and there is general preconception that people have about unis and courses...which "MAY" affect employability..

Ive also wasted my uai for this course.
but i wouldnt call it a waste. but a smart investment ^^

fatmuscle

HSC
u don't 'waste' UAI marks. when you go for a job, ppl still do look at it.

Tia

Syd Mem
HSC
N/A
ok ok. wrong choice of words.
Chill people, chill.
um, i wont bother rephrasing it. Who cares wot i said. Chill people!
Let's look forward to ........damnit! Camp!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)