B Business Administration B economics (1 Viewer)

somecooldude

HSC
i really want to do the B BA, but im not sure what B economics involves. is it REALLY maths oriented?

its just that, my uai is high enough to get into the double degree of B BA/ B eco. and i feel like im putting it to waste if i dont take the combined degree.

but then, im not sure if i will like B eco.. any advice?

Tabris

HSC
somecooldude said:
i really want to do the B BA, but im not sure what B economics involves. is it REALLY maths oriented?

its just that, my uai is high enough to get into the double degree of B BA/ B eco. and i feel like im putting it to waste if i dont take the combined degree.

but then, im not sure if i will like B eco.. any advice?

BBA first year = Eco first year.

This is because BBA first year is same as eco except it has 2-3 extra core units and eco only has 3 or 4 core units. This means that u will be doing the same units as a BBA person or a BEc person or a BBA/BEc person.

Chances are, u will be doing these units if u combine BEc/BBA

BBA111(ask skittled and clairegirl)
BBA102(see above)
ECON110 - lots of content
ECON111 - lots of content
ECON141(extension of stat170)
STAT170(easy easy easy just ask clairegirl or skittled)
ACST101( maths maths maths, clairegirl will give u some info)
ACCG105 (if u dont like accounting or hopeless at it, it will become ya worst nightmare, but final is easy, ask clairegirl and skittled and other accg students)

I left out accg100 and 101, they make 105 look like kindergarten, only accg and hardcore finance students do them

AS for maths, ACST101 and ECON141 is the only maths subject, the rest only hints some calculas maths here and there, but nothing close to the 2u HSC maths (Although u will recognise what some curves mean and how it is derived ). The rest u can work out on a non-scientific calculator.

As for ACST101 it will use a major part of your 2u maths course. Arithmetic and Geopmetric progression, mortgage, annuities, compound, what u did in 2u it merely, manipulates it and extends upon it. ECON141 is nothing difficult, if u did general maths it will be enough and stat170 in some areas is merely extending upon General level maths statistics.

BUT, for 2nd year, they wont let u do Economics unless u did 2 u or a maths unit at least equivilant to 2u maths. This means u will be doing a HARD maths unit where u coulda done an EASY maths course in high school.

How do I know? I saw a Cambridge 2u maths textbook in the Coop shop and its hard, Maths in focus was way easier.

*hopeful*

HSC
economics is d crappiest subject on planet earth, if u dont have a luv 4 it now dont even bother....go for bba/accg or bba/marketing or sumthn else but not b econ! u'll never get away from maths if u do

cambridge is the hardest of hard, i used it in high school...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Tabris said:
BBA first year = Eco first year.

BBA111(ask skittled and clairegirl)
BBA102(see above)
ECON110 - lots of content
ECON111 - lots of content
ECON141(extension of stat170)
STAT170(easy easy easy just ask clairegirl or skittled)
ACST101( maths maths maths, clairegirl will give u some info)
ACCG105 (if u dont like accounting or hopeless at it, it will become ya worst nightmare, but final is easy, ask clairegirl and skittled and other accg students)

I left out accg100 and 101, they make 105 look like kindergarten, only accg and hardcore finance students do them
Don't believe Tabris lol with 105, its not as easy as he thinks it is, its only easy coz he LOVES ACCOUNTING lol he is the accounting king on BOS, just like cyan phoenix is ur psychology king on bos lol

105 wasn't easy, well at least not for me... i hate numbers so maybe thats the reason why i wouldn't say it was easy kindi work.

DO BBA!!! i didn't know this but Macquarie's Business Administration degree is respected by employers all over... mostly because of its main ingredient which i think my mate said was coz of the business communication skills subject. n e who i'de vouch for this degree a bit more but im tired n stuff... ask me later

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
some people find economics interesting, its not all numbers.

about accg105, i stress my way through it, but yeh when i look back it wasnt that bad, as long as you keep up with the work your fine and dont leave that stupid purple book to last! i kill myself for doing that ><

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
sukiyaki said:
some people find economics interesting, its not all numbers.

about accg105, i stress my way through it, but yeh when i look back it wasnt that bad, as long as you keep up with the work your fine and dont leave that stupid purple book to last! i kill myself for doing that ><
purple book? is that the practice set?

u don't need to do it, i didn't and i got a D for 105

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)