B Business B Computing questions (1 Viewer)

duliel

Closet nerd
HSC
hello i am 2 uai points short of the cut off but i still really want to do this (heading)course.

i was told i could trasfer from a similar course. is that realistic and what course/s would be similar to this.?

any other options i can try to get into this course.? btw i got 84.35 uai so suggesting courses with a cut off higher isnogood.

thnks

duliel

Closet nerd
HSC
fdgdg

also if u do this course can u please tell me how itslike. what type ofwork is required of you. is it rote learning type of work mostly, lots of esseys , mathimatical type of questions or everything ? thanks .
help a comrade out

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
You might like to try for the BScIT Innovation course offered by the Faculty of IT.

You can compare the course structure for first year of the BBus/BComp:
http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/it/ug/c10219.html

and the BScIT Innovation course:
http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/it/ug/c10153.html

to see how similar it us. The UAi for BScIT Innovation in 2004 was around 83.xx. You can transfer over 6/8 of the subjects, or 7 if you're lucky.

As for your other question, check out this thread:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=54463

I wrote some stuff about the BBus first year subjects. I'll do something similar for IT when I get time hopefully.

duliel

Closet nerd
HSC
gfg

hey thanks, i was looking at that B science in IT innovation and it does have similarities. so hopefuly this is myticket to what i want.

thankls again

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
No problems. Make sure you put down BBus/BComp at your first preference if you really want it, since it could go down, but I doubt it. There are also other courses such as the normal BScIT, BMathsFinance and BMathsComp which you might like to try as well, or even BBus at Kuring-gai, but your best bet is the BScIT Innovation course.

duliel

Closet nerd
HSC
yeh my number one preference is BbusBcomp but i also have like 7 other preferences that follow and include most of what u said.

is there anyway to talk to the high officials who run the UTS , and convince them this course is for me, using strategies like saying i had educational disadvantages and hold high potential if i get into this course. etc...

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
No, not really. You could have applied for the EAS, but it's a bit too late for that. You can just hope for the best.

You can come talk to us at UTS Advisory Day on Wednesday 5th January, but that won't help you get in, but feel free to if you want to talk to staff from UTS.

duliel

Closet nerd
HSC
i am already there. are u a student at UTS who is gonna be helping with the advisory day? what area are u gonna preach at? hopefully i can ask more questions in person. thanks for yuor help anyway

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I'll be "advising" at the Faculty of IT booth along with other UTS staff and IT students.

S

Shuter

I've put this one down, but it's not one of my first preferances. I am about 0.6 UAI points above last years cut off, so I would hope it doesn't go up too much.

What I'm really hoping for is B Business at Kuringai which I am 0.15 UAI points off last years cut-off, so what are the chances of me getting in offer in main/late/final round? And so there's no other way to talk to like the admissions officer or whatever and show my ability or disadvantage or something?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
hey i am the same person using the dulial account

i am so happy i got into B business/B computing with my 84.35 while the cut off was 84.00

sweet

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Congrats guys! I'm quite suprised by the low UAI, but may be due to a higher quota.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Donshe said:
I killlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllled it MoFo's

Ps. I look forward to pounding your face in Shuter :D
I look forward to helping Donshe pound your face in Shuter.

sarahbee

bbusiness bcomputing

hey i got a looooot of questions for anyone currently doing bbusiness/bcomputing. Any help wud be greeeatly appreciated. I just got an offer for this course and i really really really want to do it but was hoping to defer for a year so i cud get some money together first so when i do go to uni im not moochin off the rents but ive been told that i shud get my course over and done with so i can get a real job faster etc.

soooo:
1. Is it better to defer or do the course immediately?
2. Is the workload lenient enough to continue a part-time job?
3. What kind of hours would i be doing each week?
4. If i do defer, will the student I do the course with be mainly younger than me?
And any other stuff i should know about doing this course.

Thanx for the help :)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
1. That's up to you. Either way is fine :).
2. If you have time during the week besides your work time, then it should be fine. Most students do work part-time.
3. About 12 hours a week, usually over 3 days. In fact, if you follow the standard program, in Autumn semester, you will have class on Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
4. Mainly, yes, though as you are aware, many students come in as non-recent school leavers too. Also, a lot of students from other faculties do the core business subjects as electives, and they may be in 3rd or 4th year.

No problems. Read the other threads for more info.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
You can only do 1 major in all the BBus combined degrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)