B Business Rolecall (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Who here is studying B bus at UTS?
I'm Joe :wave:
I'm doing business/law though - theres another role call for that ;)

but business students post your name here ;)

blOwfish

HSC
Hi Joe !!

Im in B of Business ... seems like im the only one though =(

LOL !! any friends around?

crazy_viet

BoS Member
HSC
yo im second year as well.. who knows we may have had subjects together in 1st year! *shrugs* lol well im Viet and im doing business stats in first semester as well.. im also doing eco this year cos im doing medsci/business and we didnt get to do eco last year like many other business students!

my tut for bus stats is friday morning [10am] and the lecture is straight after! hope to see ya round!!

-Viet

HSC
crazy_viet said:
yo im second year as well.. who knows we may have had subjects together in 1st year! *shrugs* lol well im Viet and im doing business stats in first semester as well.. im also doing eco this year cos im doing medsci/business and we didnt get to do eco last year like many other business students!

my tut for bus stats is friday morning [10am] and the lecture is straight after! hope to see ya round!!

-Viet
I'm doing bus stats this semester as well as biz law and ethics on monday.

crazy_viet

BoS Member
HSC
oh you'll love businessL&E!! the midsem will be all mcq and from what i remember, the finals where mostly mcq and a few short answers. im sure it will be explained during the semester!

not sure about what business statictics will be about though...

roadcone

HSC
stats was a heap of fun, couldn't think of anything i'd rather do with myself....

actually its a pretty good course because the people who run it are fantastic and really just want to see you pass..

i was just cleaning out some of my uni stuff on my computer before, so here knock yourself out with the formula sheet.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
roadcone said:
stats was a heap of fun, couldn't think of anything i'd rather do with myself....

actually its a pretty good course because the people who run it are fantastic and really just want to see you pass..

i was just cleaning out some of my uni stuff on my computer before, so here knock yourself out with the formula sheet.
Thanks for that roadcone :)
nice work!
how'd you go in it if you don't mind me asking?

Stats looks painful :eek: I'm not a maths person :(

I know the marketing dept are very organised though. I have been told how great they organise everything and its probably the most organised subject I will ever do!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Stats looks fun lol =)

goan_crazy said:
Stats looks painful :eek: I'm not a maths person :(
I'm assuming that if you get this in the final exam, you'd only have to know how to apply them to questions, rather an memorising the formula and trying to use it.

Doesn't look too painful with a little of practice =o

blOwfish

HSC
Finally, someone starting B of Business as an Undergraduate haha. Hey Ricky !!

roadcone

HSC
Huratio said:
Stats looks fun lol =)

I'm assuming that if you get this in the final exam, you'd only have to know how to apply them to questions, rather an memorising the formula and trying to use it.

Doesn't look too painful with a little of practice =o
+ responding to joe.

Correct.

The final is an open book exam, 3hrs with 40 MC. Now this seems pretty easy, but you will need all the time (in fact its pretty much the only three hour exam i've been in thus far where at the end about 80% of the canditure remained, normally its like less than half) as you need to do all the lead work to apply the correct formula.

The mid-term is also 20MC and there is an assignment which you can do in groups of up to 6 I think. The bad thing about all the MC was that there were occassionally two really close answers, so if you stuffed the formula up you were gone - this is crap when you've done a page or two or working to get the answer as 0.4543 or whatever.

I'm not sure about the difficulty of the maths because I did 3u at school so don't find maths particulary painful. I think stats is more of a case of learning what formulas to apply when and learning what numbers have to be plugged in, if you do that you will be sweet. In addition, last semester Paul organised someone from the maths faculty to hold maths based lectures once or twice on a saturday during semester (I didn't attend so I'm not sure as to their content, but I heard they were pretty good). The stats team do heaps to help you pass.

I got 82 I think, so completely stoked.

I hope that made some sense, sorry for it being a bit all over the shop.

roadcone

HSC
Oh and just to give an answer to the thread, I'm in business,

I go part time so I am completing some of my first year subjects this year as well as starting my accounting major.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
roadcone said:
+ responding to joe.

Correct.

The final is an open book exam, 3hrs with 40 MC. Now this seems pretty easy, but you will need all the time (in fact its pretty much the only three hour exam i've been in thus far where at the end about 80% of the canditure remained, normally its like less than half) as you need to do all the lead work to apply the correct formula.

The mid-term is also 20MC and there is an assignment which you can do in groups of up to 6 I think. The bad thing about all the MC was that there were occassionally two really close answers, so if you stuffed the formula up you were gone - this is crap when you've done a page or two or working to get the answer as 0.4543 or whatever.

I'm not sure about the difficulty of the maths because I did 3u at school so don't find maths particulary painful. I think stats is more of a case of learning what formulas to apply when and learning what numbers have to be plugged in, if you do that you will be sweet. In addition, last semester Paul organised someone from the maths faculty to hold maths based lectures once or twice on a saturday during semester (I didn't attend so I'm not sure as to their content, but I heard they were pretty good). The stats team do heaps to help you pass.

I got 82 I think, so completely stoked.

I hope that made some sense, sorry for it being a bit all over the shop.
Cool, cheers for the info roadcone =]

parts

HSC
Hey everyone, I'm doing B Business at uts city this year! Hope to meet some of you around the campus.

crazy_viet

BoS Member
HSC
*drools* oh my goodness!! i just looked at the formulas for business stats, i think im in love!! LoL looks awesome on paper.. and from the posts in this thread it sounds good!! i think im going to enjoy this =]

123.Dahlin

HSC
Hey all!

My Name is Chris & doing Bach of B @ City [UTS], Anyone got a lecture @ 5 today?

If you have myspace like the masses do add me.

www.myspace.com/chris_dahl

See you ppl's around
Peaceout.

blOwfish

HSC
Hey Chris!

Glad you can join us business people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)