• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

B Com (Service Marketing - Tourism and Hospitality) (1 Viewer)

beefcake15

HSC
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone currently studying B Com (Service Marketing - Tourism and Hospitality)? If so, I was wondering if you could kindly answer some questions because this an interesting course I would like to undertake next year.

1. Are there any academic requirements? (such as ATAR, HSC subjects etc). If I do not possess these, will this affect my chances of acceptance?

2. If this a question that probably no ones know but on what basis do the university accept people?

3. Would work experiences in the Hospitality industry and qualifications( such as RSA and RCG) would help with the application?

All replies will be most helpful

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone currently studying B Com (Service Marketing - Tourism and Hospitality)? If so, I was wondering if you could kindly answer some questions because this an interesting course I would like to undertake next year.

1. Are there any academic requirements? (such as ATAR, HSC subjects etc). If I do not possess these, will this affect my chances of acceptance?

2. If this a question that probably no ones know but on what basis do the university accept people?

3. Would work experiences in the Hospitality industry and qualifications( such as RSA and RCG) would help with the application?

It's a really artsy version of commerce. Read the 2010 unsw handbook for info about it. Not many people do it as well.

beefcake15

HSC
It's a really artsy version of commerce. Read the 2010 unsw handbook for info about it. Not many people do it as well.
I have read the handbook but they still don't answer those questions I posted up

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I have read the handbook but they still don't answer those questions I posted up
Call the ASB faculty or send them an email then.

Probably send an email first as you'll have a written explanation you can keep for fture reference. Call them if they don't respond.

Lydia_88

HSC
Hi everyone,

I have a cousin who's currently doing that course. This was along time ago when she applied, but i remember she had to do work experience for one of her subs. They look through your ATAR mark AND she went for an interview as well before the main rounds..........i cant exactly remember, circa 2006.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)