• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

B Comm - Government and International Relations (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
yeah that would be all about the cute arts chicks. seriously, first semester, try n do fun stuff cos uni might be a bit of a shock to your system, you dont want to be working your butt off

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
yeah that would be all about the cute arts chicks. seriously, first semester, try n do fun stuff cos uni might be a bit of a shock to your system, you dont want to be working your butt off
true. and i can already see accounting and commercial law being as dry as it gets.

im thinking of doing ENGL1020 - Literary Mythologies

im probably better at english than art. :)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
This is what it says on the site...

"According to Roland Barthes, 'mythologies' are the stories which societies tell about themselves. As we study a selection of medieval and Renaissance drama and romance, we will identify and articulate some of the 'mythologies' through which early English society defined itself, with particular reference to negotiations between individual behaviour and social order. You will be introduced to key critical terms such as intertextuality, denotation and connotation, and point of view, and acquire widely applicable skills in reading and analysis."

"Textbooks: William Shakespeare, Much Ado about Nothing (World's Classics) Resource Book (available from the University Copy Centre)"

Gah. I dont know what to do. Art History seems sooooo much more bludgy. Yet, English is probably more helpful. :(

Art History Assessment: essay, assignments and visual tests to a total of 4500 words.

English Assessment: One 2000wd essay, one 1000wd assignment, oral presentation, tutorial performance, one 1hr examination.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I guess i have to contemplate whether i want to further my studies in english or not. Im thinking not since ill be doing 3 majors already. I doubt ill have time or enough credit points to fit in many english subjects when it comes to the interesting stuff 2nd year/3rd year ala Shakespeare/Victorian Literature etc.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i know what you mean, i had the same dilemma last yr because i enjoyed doing extension english so much, both 1 and 2, and i wanted to keep going on with that, but i guess i've given up. you can still read in yr own time, and write, and you'll find some of the subj's will probably still allow you to think creatively even if you dont expect them to. .... maybe not accounting tho.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i actually saw someone mention it on here, and cos i used to do latin yr 7 - 10, i already know a bit about classical myths. i dunno, it seemed easy and cool and i really just wanted something totally different to break up my other subjects.

have you got any friends going to usyd or anything?

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
have you got any friends going to usyd or anything?
um, my friends either dropped out, are gigging musicians, studying sound and audio engineering at tafe, studying photography at tafe or are professional pot smoking bums.

i know a few people who are doing law and advanced science, i wouldnt really consider them friends though.

im a lonesome nigel.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
SAME!!! i'm a bit scared, esp. cos im an old person who didnt finish yr 12 last yr
at the same time though, because of liberal studies, we will be doing majors first year, whilst most economics and commerce kiddies have to do pre-reqs first year then majors 2nd and 3rd years. so i doubt youll feel too out of place. :)

and we can be buddies. :)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
gah. no way. id probably be doing something stupid when you find me.
then again, if you recognise me from my avatar, i suppose i cant really stop you. thankfully, its an old, dodgy pic.

ill find you. :)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
gah. i call this one, "me with shit just-out-of-shower hair". its from about the start of yr12 last year.

:uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)