B comm/science (1 Viewer)

jpcg

HSC
Hi i'm in year 12 this year and i've been thinking about trying to get into comm/science...i've done some research on it but im still not sure on what career paths come with doing this course. Does anyone know or have any ideas?

Raginsheep

HSC
Lots of career paths are possible depending on the majors you pick. What are you interested in?

jpcg

HSC
umm...i'm not really sure atm of what im going to major in but i love maths and economics at school so thats why i'm puttin these two things together...but cause i'm kinda tossing up between com/law and com/science so thats why im wondering about the careers to see which one would benefit me the most

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Why on earth is there such a degree? I know it exists.

Are you interested in Commerce or Science?
If you're into business then you could you Bcomm/B.Arts. This is the best combination I've found with any fields as well.

If you like science then you should do BScience(adv) or health sciences.

Raginsheep

HSC
Maths and economics or another commerce major like finance will be a good way to get into financial modeling, quantative anaylsis. Or do actuarial + maths for extra goodness.

Affinity

HSC
Have you thought about LLB/B.Sc,

I think Law + Mathematics + some finance courses off the side is a very good combination

Last edited:

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Tuna said:
I think you need to appreciate the fact that both commerce and science are very broad fields.

Commerce is not just about money, and science is not just about test tubes and beakers. There is overlap between the two fields, and the Commerce/Science degree offers a student to study in both fields. It's flexibility is also a major advantage.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Affinity said:
Have you thought about LLB/B.Sc,

I think Law + Mathematics + some finance courses off the side is a very good combination
I concur. There are quite a few Maths/Law grads from UNSW working in IB.

Ideally, you should do some financial mathematics and computing subjects (from comp sci and/or applied math). You learn more in a financial mathematics subject than a finance subject.

Last edited:

kaitoufion

HSC
Tuna said:

Are you interested in Commerce or Science?
If you're into business then you could you Bcomm/B.Arts. This is the best combination I've found with any fields as well.

If you like science then you should do BScience(adv) or health sciences.
Such degree exists because it is very useful.
This combined degree benefits you in the future when looking for an employment.

Arts is good if you want to study a language.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)