B.Commerce and B.Business (1 Viewer)

hatty

Banned
hey

so whats the difference between these 2 degrees?
ive looked through the booklets, and it appears they offer the same program courses (i might be, and probably am wrong)

nevertheless, whats the difference between these courses

santaslayer

HSC
hatty said:
hey

ive looked through the booklets, and it appears they offer the same program courses (i might be, and probably am wrong)

I've never found any difference between the two degrees. The only difference I can gather is the name itself. Universities like UTS and UWS use Business whilst UNSW, UoW, USYD and a host of others use Commerce. The course structure is similar and the majors available are quite the same.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Theres essentially no major difference, however, its known that B.Business degrees are broader and more 'practical' and vocational (at UTS anyway) than Commerce degree's

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
hatty said:
hey

initially even i had problems finding the diff b/w the two degrees.....in the end i chose commerce....i think they r very similar.....cos i know a person doing business n both degrees teach similar things!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
There is a difference. At my University (Newcastle) they offer both a Business Degree and Commerce Degree. In one of my Lectures last semester we were given these definitions for Commerce and Business:

Commerce:
  • the sale of goods, products, or services.
  • the exchange of commodities for commodities.

Business:
  • the design, production, purchase and sale of goods, products, or services to realise a profit.

So basically, as Minai said, Business Degrees are broader than Commerce Degree's. Business is comprised of both the internal activities of organisations AND Commerce:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
santaslayer said:
If we use Newcastle's definition, than obviously Business. :)
It depends on what you want to work as though. A Bachelor of Commerce would be more suited to someone wanting to work as an Accountant than a Bachelor of Business:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)