• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

B COMMERCE at nsw or com/law at macq (1 Viewer)

if ur not interested in a law degree, but finance. wat would be better, doing commerce at UNSW or , applied finance / law at macquarie. how could u choose between them?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah. do a law degree for the hell of it

that makes sense

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well if your not interested in law, dont do something that involves law. Simple....

santaslayer

HSC
codereder said:
if ur not interested in a law degree, but finance. wat would be better, doing commerce at UNSW or , applied finance / law at macquarie. how could u choose between them?
do it in unsw...

people dont do degrees for fun...they do it for money/job...

lol...

i meant not wanting to be a lawyer. im sure the law degree with applied finance would increase the employment opportunities, but maybe the commerce degree at UNSW would still be more employable than applied finance/law at macq?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
of course u can major in finance at unsw! is that a joke or something? lol half the students major in acct/finance lol

santaslayer

HSC
Generator said:
What makes you so sure, santa?
You're a pedantic bumhole Generator. :p

codereader is doing it for the money/job. It is quite obvious from his question alone. People are questioning him about his intention of doing law. I am safely assuming that the law degree is something he would like to use as a "OMFG..look at me i did law at uni...im da best-est nerd in da whole wide world...now i shall pick my employer.." notion.

Anyway, would it be better if I said "Most people..."

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
no point doing law in nsw unless ur going to usyd/unsw. You'll be hard pressed finding a job/respect if u go to other unis. Sorry santa.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Well, yes, that would be the better introductory phrase :D.

santaslayer

HSC
sikeveo said:
no point doing law in nsw unless ur going to usyd/unsw. You'll be hard pressed finding a job/respect if u go to other unis. Sorry santa.
Thanks for your insightful input, sikeveo. We all know other unis have no place in the employment world when it comes to law. It's either USYD or UNSW. Even the federal government said so with its latest report.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
No problems. Sadly the government doesn't dictate who gets jobs and who doesn't otherwise we all know which graduates would have a job within a reasonable amount of time.

santaslayer

HSC
sikeveo said:
No problems. Sadly the government doesn't dictate who gets jobs and who doesn't otherwise we all know which graduates would have a job within a reasonable amount of time.
I don't see any records in the Good Uni Guide which supports your statement.

^___^
HSC
sikeveo said:
Then don't get so worked up about it then.
yeah but there are studies that show most of the graduates coming from MQ,UTS,USYD and UNSW find a job in reasonable amount of time :)

HSC
Either is good. But what's the point in doing a degree if the only thing motivating you is money? At least have an interest.

santaslayer

HSC
24 said:
Either is good. But what's the point in doing a degree if the only thing motivating you is money? At least have an interest.
He has a strong interest in money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)