B Commerce/B Arts length of duration issue. (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
on the UAC page, I enter the course code 424000 (B Commerce). It states that the B com/B arts degree can be done in 4 years. I thought that meant that we could also do it in 5 years.

Sadly on their site, it states that they don't offer the 5 year degree for 2012 students onwards. The degree can be only done in 4 years.

Then I was told I can do it in 5 years by someone else.

I need rectifying on this issue. If I do 3 majors in 4 years, I know I'll have to take summer school for 3 of my courses (Actuarial has part II exemptions that has 3 extra subjects). But if I did in 5 years, I wouldn't have to worry about this.

So has anyone heard about anything? :O

D94

HSC
N/A
It appears you can't double major in both BCom and/or BA if you do the combined program. Individually, you can, though.

HSC
Uni Grad
was planning to do 2 commerce majors and 1 arts major. Shouldn't that be possible? :O

HSC
Uni Grad
I'll probably speak to a coordinator about it, see if I am allowed to do it. (Some arts UOC can be transferred into Commerce)

HSC
Uni Grad
For arts, you have to do a major AND minor.
:(

was planning to do 2 commerce majors and 1 arts major. sadly it can only be 1 commerce major, 1 arts major and 1 arts minor =_=
by the looks of it im feeling that I'm be pretty screwed =_=

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
I asked on Info Day, because I wanted to do 2 commerce majors (finance + accounting) for BCommerce/BLaw @ UNSW and they said I could but it'll be an extra semester on top of the 5 years or I could do the extra major during winter/summer school.

HSC
Uni Grad
I asked on Info Day, because I wanted to do 2 commerce majors (finance + accounting) for BCommerce/BLaw @ UNSW and they said I could but it'll be an extra semester on top of the 5 years or I could do the extra major during winter/summer school.
So that means you still have the choice to do it even with B Commerce/B Arts? :O
If so, I honestly won't mind attending an extra semester of school or doing summer school for it.

I need to do an extra commerce major just in case my actuarial major won't get me a job =_=

IamBread

HSC
Probably would be best to just contact the uni and ask them.

HSC
As long as you do the units needed, you will get the major, however they did it change it to that you can only choose two majors from ASB (previously Comm/Eco kids can get three). Smart choice of subjects will help a lot...

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
So that means you still have the choice to do it even with B Commerce/B Arts? :O
If so, I honestly won't mind attending an extra semester of school or doing summer school for it.

I need to do an extra commerce major just in case my actuarial major won't get me a job =_=
Well I'm not sure with B Commerce/B Arts... but I think they should let you :/ But just to make sure, you should contact the university :)

HSC
Uni Grad
As long as you do the units needed, you will get the major, however they did it change it to that you can only choose two majors from ASB (previously Comm/Eco kids can get three). Smart choice of subjects will help a lot...
Yeah, that's why I'm trying to make my subject selection so that I can get both actuarial exemptions within 4 years. Also not planning to take extra subjects that aren't required.

Well I'm not sure with B Commerce/B Arts... but I think they should let you :/ But just to make sure, you should contact the university :)
I'm wondering who in the university we contact? :O

JustJackie

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing the same course and I am fairly certain it can only be done in four years since you can no longer enroll in the five year version.

Zozo6969

HSC
Commerce (3502) at UNSW changed their program so it's now only single major. Just underload a few semesters to spread it out over 5 years.

HSC
Uni Grad
Contacted the department today. They told me that if I wanted to do a 2nd commerce major on top of my existing major, I can spend an extra year and add 48 UOC. Which means I'll put up with staying at uni for 5 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)