B commerce/economics timetable (1 Viewer)

darshil

Replicant
HSC
Hi everyone,

I have chosen to do B Commerce and B Economics:

ACCT1501
ECON1101
ECON1203
MGMT1001

Could you give me some opinions on this timetable I have set out? I am a morning person I guess!

Thank you.

darshil

Replicant
HSC
Yeah I tried it, it gave me some good ideas. Just need to know if this one seems okay (current uni students will have a better idea if this timetable is too much or whatever)

Thanks for the reply!

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
Oh sorry, I read your post incorrectly. My timetable is quite similar to yours, same lect/tut for accounting, I think. I don't know if that's good or bad though lol

itunes

HSC
im going to unsw wif ECON 1101, ECON1203, MGMT1001 and ACCT1501 , all in 2 days :)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
OK, so a few things about timetables I learnt the hard way:

1) You may think you can make it to a 9am tute or lecture, but you can't. Unless you live Eastern Suburbs/Inner City, you will have to be up at 6am.

2) It is always best to minimise the amount of days you have to go. This also minimises travel costs and time, which really stack up over the course of a semester.

3) As an extension to 2), you also don't want to be there 2 days or less. You miss out on all campus life and you end up with 12 hour days. Three days a week is what you should be aiming for.

4) Try and space the days out, leaving days at home in between. This allows for precious study days at home before exams. The ideal timetable should be Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

5) Never, never, never, never ever put lectures on a day without tutorials as well. You think it'll be fine, but by week 4 you'll end up just skipping that non-compulsory day and hence miss out on 50% of your course.

6) Leave several hours of gaps and lectures between tutorials. This allows from precious cramming time if you happen to have two exams in one day, as you can skip the lectures if needs be.

7) Try to avoid putting lectures at the beginning or end of a day. You will get lazy and just end up skipping them.

8) One of the best tips I have: Pay attention to when the other lectures for that course are. If you get a shitty timetable cos one of your lectures is at an odd time, then you can always just rock up to one of the other lectures at a more convenient time. Very seldom are they actually at full capacity. This only partly works if your lecture is divided up in to two blocks, as occasionally the lecturers work at different paces and you can get confused. However, it's still better than coming all the way to uni just for a one hour lecture.

EDIT: This is mine for next semester. It's not ideal, but I made it as best as possible, given the options I had.

Last edited:

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
OK, so a few things about timetables I learnt the hard way:

1) You may think you can make it to a 9am tute or lecture, but you can't. Unless you live Eastern Suburbs/Inner City, you will have to be up at 6am.

2) It is always best to minimise the amount of days you have to go. This also minimises travel costs and time, which really stack up over the course of a semester.

3) As an extension to 2), you also don't want to be there 2 days or less. You miss out on all campus life and you end up with 12 hour days. Three days a week is what you should be aiming for.

4) Try and space the days out, leaving days at home in between. This allows for precious study days at home before exams. The ideal timetable should be Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

5) Never, never, never, never ever put lectures on a day without tutorials as well. You think it'll be fine, but by week 4 you'll end up just skipping that non-compulsory day and hence miss out on 50% of your course.

6) Leave several hours of gaps and lectures between tutorials. This allows from precious cramming time if you happen to have two exams in one day, as you can skip the lectures if needs be.

7) Try to avoid putting lectures at the beginning or end of a day. You will get lazy and just end up skipping them.

8) One of the best tips I have: Pay attention to when the other lectures for that course are. If you get a shitty timetable cos one of your lectures is at an odd time, then you can always just rock up to one of the other lectures at a more convenient time. Very seldom are they actually at full capacity. This only partly works if your lecture is divided up in to two blocks, as occasionally the lecturers work at different paces and you can get confused. However, it's still better than coming all the way to uni just for a one hour lecture.

EDIT: This is mine for next semester. It's not ideal, but I made it as best as possible, given the options I had.
i agree with everything said here.
plus i had the mon, wed, fri timetable last sem, it was the. best. thing. ever.

and moll, your acct tute is in the same spot and day as mine, but 1 hr later.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
You want to move yours back an hour?

darshil

Replicant
HSC
Thank you SO much for this, it will help a lot

have a great weekend!

robb3d

HSC
moll really nailed it! 9am starts - i wouldn't do it voluntarily.

- also, check to see if your course is ilectured, that way you know how much coffee you need to buy :) but going to lectures is always > than listening over the internet, sometimes lecturers go off from the slides
- its very very hard to string multiple lectures in a row, you'll be dozing off (that and, ideal learning time is in blocks of 30/40 minutes with plenty of rest -- even sleep -- between study). also, the matter of food. its hard to take notes while you're munching on a kebab. and it gets messy. and smelly. and the lecturers pick on you.

usually try to make your timetables fit in around 11-3PM, that way you miss the morning / arvo rush on the trains / in the car.

but if not, you can always stick around at uni and study at the library or kensington and have dinner with some friends - then drive home after the rush.

Jcc Lin

HSC
if rectangle says no days off, does that mean u cant have any days off no matter what?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
if rectangle says no days off, does that mean u cant have any days off no matter what?
Of course not!

Rectangles is just a guide. Its only purpose is to show you options of how you can rearrange your timetable to suit your needs but its really up to your decision and also the availability of times for each of your courses that will dictate whether you get any days off or not.

Jcc Lin

HSC
Of course not!

Rectangles is just a guide. Its only purpose is to show you options of how you can rearrange your timetable to suit your needs but its really up to your decision and also the availability of times for each of your courses that will dictate whether you get any days off or not.

thanks!!! two days off!! yeah!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)